The Ceremonies and Daily Production team will be responsible for the delivery the Expo 2020 Opening and Closing Ceremonies, The Special Days, The Daily Show in the iconic Al Wasl Plaza Venue, and the programming of the daily Al Wasl Plaza content.
Main responsibitlies of the role include:
- Reporting to the Technical Director and working alongside the Technical Team and the Creative Team to develop and deliver the audio, comms, broadcast, power and video requirements to support the events that will take place in Al Wasl Plaza;
- Manage with the Technical staff, associated consultants, contractors and related suppliers in the delivery of their duties. Including but not limited to assigning work, budgeting, scheduling, monitoring performance, rewarding, disciplining and overall employee engagement;
- Coordinate, manage and develop the system integration requirements with regard to replay and live audio systems, monitor audio systems, rehearsal audio systems, audio cabinet rigging, structures required to support audio equipment, audio control systems, data networks and audio cabling;
- Manage, coordinate and develop Al Wasl Plaza requirements with regards to UPS systems, power distribution, power cables, data cables, cable containment and cable pathways including those required for lightings, AV, Audio, Comms, IEM`s (Immersive Experience Systems) and other systems as required.
Manage, coordinate and develop the system integration requirements with regard to wired intercom, wireless intercom and radio systems, in ear monitor systems, radio frequency licensing, CCTV systems, comms data networks and comms cabling.
Manage, coordinate and develop all of the system integration requirements with regard to broadcast including liaison with the Host Broadcasters, Expo 2020 broadcast functional area and other Broadcasters.
- Ensure the design and specification of all technical systems is coordinated and integrated with Al Wasl Plaza divisions and functional areas, and that is complies with the appropriate industry, government and local authority guidance and regulations;
- Ensure that the appropriate level of redundancy and safety systems are provided in all technical systems;
- Liaise with internal departments at Expo 2020 for the successful delivery of all technical aspects of Al Wasl Plaza program;
- Assist and contribute to budgeting, cost checking and scheduling related to the activities of the Technical Division;
- Responsible for reviewing, managing and monitoring visiting productions working collaboratively with the in house technical and operations team;
- Create and adhere to risk management strategies in relation to the delivery of technical elements;
- Create and adhere to H&S strategies in relation to the delivery of technical production elements and ensure staff and contractors are aware and abide by policies and procedures requirements;
- Promote Equality and Diversity as part of the culture of the organization;
- Proactively support, and ensure that the Technical Division supports sustainability guidelines that are in line with Expo 2020.