Since the first Great Fair of 1851, World Expos have become one of the world s largest and oldest mega-events, attracting millions of visitors who explore and discover pavilions, exhibits and cultural events staged by hundreds of participants including nations, international organizations and businesses.
The Ceremonies and Daily Production team will be responsible for the delivery the Expo 2020 Opening and Closing Ceremonies, The Special Days, The Daily Show, and the programming.
Strategic & Operational Responsibilities:
• Reporting to the Technical Director and working alongside the Technical Team and the Creative Team to develop and deliver the audio, comms, broadcast, power and video requirements to support the events.
• Manage with the Technical staff, associated consultants, contractors and related suppliers in the delivery of their duties.
• Manage, coordinate and develop the system integration requirements with regard to replay and live audio systems, monitor audio systems, rehearsal audio systems, audio cabinet rigging, structures required to support audio equipment, audio control systems, data networks and audio cabling.
• Manage, coordinate and develop requirements with regards to UPS systems, power distribution, power cables, data cables, cable containment and cable pathways including those required for lighting, AV, Audio, Comms, IEM`s (Immersive Experience Systems) and other systems as required.
• Manage, coordinate and develop the system integration requirements with regard to wired intercom, wireless intercom and radio systems, in ear monitor systems, radio frequency licensing, CCTV systems, comms data networks and comms cabling.
• Manage, coordinate and develop all of the system integration requirements with regard to broadcast including liaison with the Host Broadcasters, broadcast functional area and other Broadcasters.
• Ensure the design and specification of all technical systems is coordinated and integrated with divisions and functional areas.
• Ensure the design and specification of all technical systems complies with the appropriate industry, government and local authority guidance and regulations.
• Liaise with internal departments at Expo 2020 for the successful delivery of all technical aspects.
• Responsible for reviewing, managing and monitoring visiting productions working collaboratively with the in house technical and operations team.
• Create and adhere to risk management strategies in relation to the delivery of technical elements.
• Create and adhere to H&S strategies in relation to the delivery of technical production elements and ensure staff and contractors are aware and abide by policies and procedures requirements.
Knowledge, Qualifications & Skills Required:
• Bachelor s Degree.
• 8+years experience in systems integration management & major events.
• Significant experience with planning and delivery of large-scale Ceremonies and shows.
• Knowledge of Mega Event operational planning and delivery.
• Ability to develop positive relationships among internal and external stakeholders, peers and senior management.
• Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and ability to lead a team that supports several internal departments on key issues.