Since the 1930's, COWI has pushed the boundaries of design through our involvement on major infrastructure projects worldwide. As part of COWI's Bridge, Tunnel and Marine Structures (BTM) business line, we manage our projects from offices located in the UK, Scandinavia, Germany, Middle East, India, SE Asia and North America.
With a full set of world-class competencies within bridge, tunnel and marine engineering combined with local presence and experience, our team of dedicated professionals are ready to take on the most complex projects anywhere in the world no matter how large or small.
COWI offers a dynamic work environment where multi-cultural teams from all over the world strive for the best results. We are offering an opportunity to become a central part of our business support team, working with very engaged and competent colleagues covering a complete range of engineering disciplines.
We are experiencing an increased demand for our port and coastal services and our strengthened position in the market brings a continuous flow of new extensive and challenging projects. Consequently, we are seeking to recruit a Senior Marine Project Manager with project management experience to strengthen our marine division in our Dubai office.
We require a commercially and technically strong engineer with experience across a range of areas in maritime engineering with a focus on liquid bulk terminal, ports and coastal developments being essential. As part of a multi-disciplinary consultancy, we are looking for an individual who can work across a range of maritime engineering sectors services to both public and private clients.
Working within our marine division, you will be working closely with internationally based marine design teams to ensure designs are completed to project requirements, leading/writing bids, directing project delivery teams and client liaison when necessary.
The role may require international travel nominally on a short-term basis between other COWI offices in Europe and worldwide or working from client/project offices. The role will include supporting the business development team in developing marine project opportunities.
Requirements: knowledge, personal skills and experience required:
• You should have a minimum of 15 years' experience with a proven record of Project Management on bulk terminal, ports, costal projects
• Previous/current experience of working in the Middle East
• You should have a Bachelor's or Master's degree
• Have extensive experience at technical proposal writing
• Be self-motivated with strong interpersonal, communication and organisational skill
• Possess excellent technical and managerial skills with a sound commercial background
• Experience in business development
• The ability to work within a team environment
• Previous interface with contractors teams with exposure to construction site environments
• You will be client facing with the interpersonal skills to develop and build strong relationships with all stakeholders
Remuneration and Benefits:
COWI is an equal opportunities employer and we believe in rewarding our staff for their commitment and hard work and we have designed a benefits package that we feel will suit all of our team. You will receive a salary that will match your skills, experience and requirements, coupled with a range of flexible employee benefits that you would expect from a leading international employer.
Industry Type :
Oil & Gas / Petroleum
Functional Area :
Site Engineering / Projects