The candidate will have the responsibility of the overall mechanical design of the project. The Mechanical Engineer will be responsible for meeting the overall project schedule and budget. This role encompasses collaborating with architectural, structural, and electrical team working groups. The candidate will possess excellent hands on technical and communication skills with a proven track record of delivering positive results.
The work is in Johns Hopkins Aramco Healthcare, Facility Support Service Department and Operation, in Dhahran and in Districts (Al Hasa, Udhadliyah, Ras Tanura, and Abqaiq)
Daily with supervisor, Project Management Unit.
• Resolution of unusually complex technical problems
• Expert knowledge of a particular field or broad general knowledge over multiple fields of the discipline
• Derive system requirements
• Aid in establishment of department technical policies
• Direct design decisions
• Direct/review the work of others informally or formally.
• Pursue long-range goals and objectives for the engineering department
• Provide technical leadership to mechanical design team in order to meet product requirements per program schedule and budget
• Primary interface to customers and upper management
• Utilize engineering principles and experience to provide innovative solutions for unusually complex technical problems
• Develop conceptual designs, costing for proposal efforts.
• Other duties as assigned
Bachelor Degree in Mechanical Engineering.
• Minimum of 10 year s electrical engineering experience.
• Experience working in project teams and experience in managing multiple small projects
Certifications/Other requirements as applicable
• Must have excellent understanding of international codes and standards applied.
• Must have working knowledge in CAD software such as Bentley Micro station' and 'AutoCAD'
• Ability to speak and write reports in English is required
• Leadership skills and can handle pressure.
• Have excellent communication and presentation skills
• Demonstrated proficiency in the design of sustainable HVAC systems including air cooled as well as water cooled central plants.
• Carrying out design reviews at appropriate intervals during the design process with the Lead Engineer. Carrying out detailed design coordination with other disciplines.
• Manage other professionals on a project basis (engineers, BIM/AutoCAD technicians, and support staff) and ensuring that work produced is to the required quality, produced on time, and within budget.
• Respond to site RFIs, conducting reviews of specialist suppliers or contractor prepared designs, and attending site meetings to resolve construction issues.
• Knowledge of various design codes such as British Standards, ASHRAE, NFPA, SMACNA, IPC, IMC and other International design codes.
• Production of mechanical project design documentation in compliance with QA/QC procedures to meet requirements of the clients and the aspirations of the Practice.
• Critically review design documentation (drawings, calculations and specifications) at all design stages from concept to construction documentation and providing valuable design input and direction.
• Knowledge of building management systems as well as other Mechanical systems as applicable to modern buildings and systems integration along with BIM software such as Revit MEP, AutoCAD and Microsoft Office applications.