During tender stage and upon receiving the tender information from the Tendering Supervisor, including the supplier, material, and subcontractor quotations for various items of the project; conduct an analysis of the prices and selects the most appropriate alternative.
• Assist the Tendering & Estimator Engineer in obtaining best prices to form subcontractors and suppliers.
• Responsible for providing the Tendering Section Head with the updated PCP Equipment and Plant logs.
• During Post contract stage; recommends to the Project Manager the most appropriate suppliers and subcontractors.
• Responsible for updating the Items List to Operations, including the various types of materials, equipment, tools, and other project consumables and requirements along with their corresponding Cost Codes.
• Review the in-house project requirements presented in the tender study and contacts the Warehousing and Operations to coordinate the provision of such items, through issuing proper Purchase Orders.
• Responsible for sending requests for Proposals or Quotations to suppliers or subcontractors if different from those considered during the tender study.
• Review received Purchase Requests from Operations, and suggests alternative suppliers and subcontractors based upon official price offers and quotations and using comparison sheets, and issues his/her recommendations to the Procurement Manager.
• Responsible for updating the Daily Purchase Orders and Purchase Requests Registers.
• Based upon the data received from the TO (Obtained initially from Tendering) Establishes the supplier and subcontractor database showing the specialty, SC vs Client BOQ rates, and performance KPI, while keeping the log updated.
• Contact suppliers/subcontractors and arranges material deliveries.
• Responsible for gathering samples and data sheets for products, and supplier prequalification documents.
• Responsible for gathering technical and financial offers for the materials advised by the Operations though their Purchase Requests.
• Support in receiving Purchase Requests from Operations and suggesting possible alternatives, or directly issues Purchase Orders to corresponding suppliers and subcontractors in case of no objection from his/her part.
• Support in negotiation rates with subcontractors and conducting price analysis for that purpose; while keeping the subcontractor rates at a safe margin below the Client s BOQ rate.
• Support in searching for the local and international market for new suppliers and subcontractors.
• Support in inspecting the production facilities of suppliers and implements the rating system.
• Support in reviewing Tender doc's for any technical or financial queries
• Support in conducting an analysis of the prices and selects the most appropriate alternative.
• Support in the development of the procurement plan.
• Review logs of incoming and outgoing items and goods updated on the spot, and files the corresponding item delivery, release, and returns forms
• Review monthly inventory of the stored items and goods using the Warehouse Log and the delivery notes/release notes / Item Return Forms to cross-check.
• Review the incoming and outgoing items and goods are identical to those stated in their corresponding Purchase Orders, and reporting any deviation to the Project Manager; in case the storage facility is located in a project site, or to the Warehouse Manager; in case the storage facility is a PCP central store.
• Other technical duties/projects as assigned
More than 3 years
Not Specified at least
Construction - Residential & Commercial/Office