The Senior Network Engineer is responsible for ensuring the smooth running of the AJMNs Infrastructure networks both in Doha and globally. They work in a fast-paced highly collaborative team and deal with resolve Infrastructure network failures, security attacks, system outages etc. They perform activities, such as remote support, configuration, and maintenance of Infrastructure networks.
The Senior Technical Operations Network Engineer has to ensure the core Infrastructure networks are stable. The Senior Technical Operations Systems Engineer configures AJMNs Infrastructure networks in a way that makes the networks more secure and with optimal performance. The Senior Technical Operations Network Engineer is also responsible for monitoring activity, such as network usage, temperatures etc. They would also install network equipment, such as network routers, IDFs, firewalls, load balancers, running cabling etc.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
• Engineering, designing, configuring, installing, integrating, maintaining, and troubleshooting of Infrastructure networks and systems. This includes but not limited to routers, switches, wireless controllers/access points, IP/Video endpoints, collaboration servers, voice gateways, analogue gateways, network load balancers and security appliances such as FW/IPS, and Network Admission Control.
• Assessment and optimization of the Infrastructure networks, through network monitoring, statistics, and daily health checks.
• Research, evaluate, and recommend new tools, services, technologies, protocols and standards.
• Identify network trends and abnormalities and proactively take steps to prevent performance impacts to network traffic and business function.
• Perform pro-active support functions and reporting to maintain the availability and integrity of the enterprise network equipment and infrastructure.
• Supervise network maintenance and system upgrades including service packs, patches, hotfixes and security configurations to ensure optimal operations.
• Lead activities related to the operation, support and provision of services on the Global Fiber Network.
• Proactively monitor device and system resource utilization, trends, and infrastructure capacity.
• Oversee capacity management and auditing of network configuration.
• Secure network systems by establishing and enforcing policies as well as defining and monitoring access.
• Provide Level-3 support and troubleshooting to resolve operational issues.
• Identify and resolve faults, incidents, problems, service requests and change requests from the AJMN Service Desk in a professional manner to agreed service levels.
• Collaborate with internal and external teams to perform network optimization activities and root-cause analysis.
• Interact with end-users and vendors for initial troubleshooting and requirements gathering.
• Manages and handles complex problems by thinking out of the box to resolve problems within stipulated time to ensure the successful and smooth running of operations.
• Comply with the change management policies to ensure that routine, comprehensive and emergency changes are logged and approved.
• Audit the implementation of security configuration based on the established policies, and procedures in conjunction with the company s security team.
• Preparation and submission of root-cause analysis reports.
• Report on operational network status by gathering and prioritizing information.
• Create and maintain documentation as it relates to network configuration, network mapping, processes, and service records.
• Designing and managing the global IP schema.
• Developing network backup/contingency plans.
• Maintaining and documenting the allocation of public IP address.
Job Requirements / Qualifications:
• Bachelor in Engineering or equivalent
• CCIE or multiple CCNP certificates and security certificates
• 6 years of experience in IT/Network and data centre infrastructure
• IP Networking
• Visio, CAD and Engineering Drawing
• Knowledge of IT Network infrastructure an data centre industry standards & Engineering workflows
• Knowledge of Fibre technologies would be added advantage
• Installation of relevant Network infrastructure and data centre hardware and software
• To be able to read and troubleshoot problems as per the given Engineering drawings
• Business Process development and re-engineering