Provides wide range of direct and complex nursing care to Emergency Unit patients requiring advanced nursing skills. Functions as a preceptor and role model for new hires and other identified staff. Provides clinical assistance to staff nurses, practical nurses, patient care assistants and nursing interns in the execution of their responsibilities and gives clinical resource support to the charge nurse. Acts as back up charge nurse when oriented.
Working within Johns Hopkins Aramco Healthcare Nursing & Clinical Services Department in Dhahran, Al Hasa,Udhailiyah, Ras Tanura, and Abqaiq.
The Sr. Nurse Clinician provides complex professional nursing care to the patient using independent nursing judgment within defined programs, protocols, policies, procedures and standing orders. Receives supervision and direction from the Charge Nurse and unit manager. Work is performed on any shift, as required, in the Emergency Unit of the Johns Hopkins Aramco Healthcare (JHAH) facilities.
Work hours are assigned to meet operational needs. Hours may include on call and scheduled overtime.
Direction is through the unit manager.
Ongoing with patients and their families home caregivers for assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating the nursing plan of care; with new hire and newly assigned nursing staff for orientation and integration into the nursing unit; routinely with clinicians for carrying out clinician orders, assisting with medical procedures, and reporting changes in the patient's condition and/or needs. ; Ongoing with Charge Nurse for collaborating and reporting.
Occasional public and community contact through communicating policy changes, revisions, and/or introduction of new work rules.
Occasional with other JHAH and outside services.
• Acts as resource to other staff members during the assessment of complex patient/family needs.
• Assists other staff members in improving their knowledge and skills, giving input when needs are identified.
• Assesses the need for suitable staff development program/s in the assigned clinical area to ensure effective patient care.
• A. Serves as direct care clinical resource in developing, coordinating, and reviewing the patient s plan of care.
• Provides total, direct nursing care to patients requiring advanced, skilled or complex care.
• Precepts new hires and nursing interns and mentors nursing staff with identified needs.
• Completes specific EMS competencies as identified by supervisor
• Responds to life-saving situations based upon nursing standards and protocol and initiates Advanced cardiac Life Support (ACLS), (PALS) Pediatric Advanced Life Support and Advanced Trauma Life Support (ATLS) protocols as indicated
• Plans and provides care in collaboration with the multidisciplinary team to ensure effective care delivery and positive patient outcomes
• Triages patients in EMS according to ESI Triage level.
• Monitors patients for changes in status and indications of conditions and institutes appropriate interventions
• Assists clinicians with procedures such as Central line insertions and endotracheal intubations etc.
• Participates in ambulance or Fixed Wing/Rotary air transfers as applicable and as outlined in MSP-67 Patient Transport, Transfer and Ambulance Services.
• Will respond to Internal and External Emergency Incidents and carry out duties as outlined in MSP-200-6 JHAH Emergency Response Plan
• Transcribes physician's orders and reviews nursing and medical orders for accuracy and appropriateness.
• Assists clinicians with the more complex diagnostic and therapeutic procedures.
• Performs procedures requiring advanced competency skills or training in the expanded nursing roles.
Principal Duties (cont'd)
• Acts as resource to other staff members during the evaluation of complex patient care.
• Evaluates the progress of new hires, nursing interns, and other identified staff and gives input to the charge nurse, supervisor, and/or nursing intern coordinator.
5) PROFESSIONAL EXPECTATIONS:
• Participates in the planning, implementing and evaluating patient care conferences and unit in-services.
• Evaluates patient care supplies/equipment and gives input to the charge nurse/supervisor.
• Serves as direct clinical resource in the development, review, revision, and implementation of nursing policies, and procedures, standards of care, and applicable medical organization policies.
• Represents unit or department on committees, special interest groups, and task forces.
• Treats customers (guests, patients, nurses, physicians and other employees) with courtesy, respect and caring behaviors.
• Always answers a patient s call light/bell even if it is not an assigned patient and always takes the initiative to assist the patient.
• Presents a positive image of JHAH through professional appearance and behavior.
• Maintains confidentiality by choosing the appropriate persons, time and place for patient related discussions.
• Immediately brings abnormal findings to the attention of the Charge Nurse.
• Supports unit culture of quality and safety.
• Assures patient comfort and dignity measures during transport, without exception.
• Frequently checks for and reads all communication/minutes.
3 years International Diploma or Bachelor Degree.
5 years minimum clinical nursing experience following licensure/registration in the country of origin, to include 2 years experience in EMS is required.
Certifications/Other requirements as applicable
Current licensure as a professional registered nurse.
Completion of EMS Course or additional years' experience in lieu of formal course, one of these years can be in JHAH.
Fluent spoken and written English. Spoken Arabic desirable.