Overall Purpose of the Role:
• Demonstrate an overriding commitment to health, safety, environmental responsibility.
• Responsible for the execution and control of the tasks assigned by the Assistant Manager/Lead Engineer.
• Work in multiple projects and produce design deliverables.
• Lead the detailed engineering design of the assigned work area and complete the same within planned schedule and budget, in accordance with fabrication standards, Level 2 procedures and to a high professional standard.
• Ensure the deliverables meet the contractual requirements, Codes, Standards & Regulatory requirements.
• Perform detailed design engineering, analysis and calculations for both in service, pre-service and construction stages as per design basis, project specifications, design codes and standards. Prepare design reports and construction procedures. Review all design and fabrication drawings. Carry out design verification through single discipline check / IDC.
• Ensure design and details of both permanent and temporary works are in accordance with Company/Client standards/specification.
• Understand the project scope of work, specifications, schedule and all inter-discipline requirements.
• Adhere to Quality Systems Procedure / Lamprell Group Management System (LGMS) standards.
• Monitor scope change. Raise change orders to the project.
• Interface with all disciplines to develop a clash free design.
• Interface with Client and other agencies on their review and approval.
• Mentoring junior engineers & designers
Primary Responsibilities, Authorities & Accountabilities :
• Execute Engineering activities (Concept, Front End Engineering, Technical Study and Detailed Design).
• Contribute to preparation of design deliverables such as Design & Construction Drawings, Structural Analysis & Reports, with due consideration for Applicable Codes & Standards Maintain the required technical quality of work.
• Identify scope and schedule changes in accordance with the Change Management Procedure.
• Identify manpower requirements based on work load.
• Progress monitoring and adherence to scheduled completion of engineering documents.
• Ensure appropriate checking & review of all documents / drawings before release at any Revision status.
• Prepare specification, technical evaluation , vendor documentation review
• Interface with other departments to reflect the as -on-date input from other Departments as applicable.
• Maintain the required technical quality of work.
• Attend project review & 3D model review meetings as required.
• Coordination with the other Engineering disciplines, client and vendors.
• Control of Quality of engineering documents with regard to Quality assurance basis.
• Review of MTO and Material Requisitions.
• Provide all required bid inputs as necessary.
• Responsible for the structural engineering integrity of the assigned work area.
• Complete the work within budget and schedule. Raise changes orders for scope change.
• Review project scope of work, specifications and deliverables. Raise technical queries to maintain preferred practices and operational requirements.
• Supervise and guide the assigned engineers, designers and draftsmen.
• Assigns tasks and responsibilities to the team.
• Provide guidance on preparing structural general arrangements, basic schemes for fabrication and installation.
• Prepare / review design analysis, calculations and procedures for discipline deliverables.
• Review and approves all detailed drawings ensuring technical correctness, professional presentation and that fabrication and installation requirements are satisfied.
• Review multi discipline deliverables, vendor data. Provide comments to ensure all interfaces are detailed clash free.
• Assist the Discipline Manager/AM/Lead engineer in achieving the department key performance indicators (KPIs).
• Identify the training needs of team members to the AM/Lead Engineer.
• Ensure Compliance to HSES policies and procedures as applicable.
• Ensure Compliance with all applicable information security policies & procedures.
Role Specific Competencies :
Minimum Education :-.BSc/BTech Degree in Civil/Structural Engineering; MSc/MTech Degree an advantage.
Minimum Experience :-6-9 yrs. in offshore oil and gas facilities, drilling rigs with major Construction Yard/EPC contractor and/or consultant.
Conversant with Engineering Standards such as ASME, AISC, API, ASTM, BS/EN etc., Classification Rules/Regulatory Requirements such as ABS, DNV, BV, CAP 437, etc.
Hands on Experience in Structural software such as StaadPro, SACS, ANSYS, MathCAD, etc.
Good analytical experience in offshore structures, onshore oil & gas plants.
Good understanding of floating structures.
Good communication skills (both written & verbal) with ability to interact across multiple disciplines.
Preparation of specification, technical evaluation, vendor documentation review.
Experience in fabrication / construction / installation engineering of various structures.