Purpose of the job:
• Sells parts via cash transactions.
• Provides individual advice to the customer who is purchasing parts, with the objective of ensuring a high level of customer satisfaction.
• Manages the warehouse stock in a proper way through ongoing inventories of parts and accessories.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Follows implemented targets and suitable measures for the parts sales department:
• Meets objectives for specific sales areas, e.g. wheels, tyres, air conditioning systems, etc.
• Takes back parts in accordance with guidelines (warranty, goodwill, exchange)
Boots sales and advice customer:
• Sells actively parts.
• Provides competent technical advice to customers.
• Responsible for proper billing.
• Process customer orders and recommend additional related repair items.
• Gain superior product knowledge and understanding of vehicle components to effectively help customers.
Supports Marketing activities:
• Plans sale activities.
• Prepares all-inclusive price offers in consultation with the service department.
• Furnishes and updates sales literature.
Stock and Inventory management:
• Ensures appropriate stock and inventory of parts and accessories.
• Assist with daily inventory, receiving, stocking and shipping.
• Assist in maintaining perpetual inventories.
• Parts Department Maintenance
• Help maintain cleanliness and professional appearance of the service counter, work area and stockroom.
• Maintain records of time, expenses and materials.
Monthly & Yearly Reports:
As per the above duties & responsibilities.
• Parts sales volume, margin, customer satisfaction index.
• Internal Contacts:
• Parts manager.
• Service advisor.
Workshop staff. External Contacts:
• Private customer.
• Fleet customer.
• Business or technical automotive training.
• Possibly training as a parts salesperson.
• Product knowledge and technical knowledge regarding installation and retrofitting as well as marketing.
• Driving license.
• Experience in a motor car company.
• Sales competency.