Assists Nursing Service personnel by performing a variety of routine duties for patients. Performs related nursing duties as assigned. Acts as escort for patient transport within hospital/district areas as assigned. Assists in maintenance of a clean, safe environment.
The work is in Johns Hopkins Aramco Healthcare Nursing department in Dhahran, Al Hasa, Ras Tanura, and Abqaiq. Work is performed on any shift as required in the inpatient units, operating rooms, emergency room and clinics of the Johns Hopkins Aramco Healthcare Organization. Incumbent is required to demonstrate ability to understand and follow both written and verbal directions; to understand the patient's physical condition; to report findings accurately and appropriately; to use accepted hospital equipment in the performance of duties. Reports to the charge nurse, who provides direct supervision.
Daily contact with nursing staff, patients, visitors and as required with other health care disciplines in performing the duties as outlined below.
PERFORMANCE CRITERIA FOR EACH OF THE PRINCIPAL DUTIES ARE MAINTAINED BY THE NURSING SERVICES DEPARTMENT.
Performs under the direct supervision of the professional nurse, a variety of direct and indirect patient care activities within the parameters of the philosophy, objectives, policies and procedures of the Johns Hopkins Aramco Healthcare Organization and Nursing and Clinical Services Department. These include:
• Distributes food trays to patients and assists with feeding patients who requires assistance, collects food trays after meals.
• Assists with the transport and moving of patients both in the assigned unit and throughout the medical facility.
• Recognizes the need for emergency care and initiates resuscitative measures in life threatening situations
• Assists with bathing and dressing patients. Also makes up fresh beds and strips soiled linen from occupied beds.
• Weighs ambulatory patients.
• Treats clients (visitors, patients, and all employees) with courtesy, respect and caring behaviors.
• Always answers a patient s call light/bell even if it is not an assigned patient and always takes the initiative to assist the patient.
• Knows and organizes work around the needs of assigned patients without a reminder to do so by the charge nurse, i.e. patients requiring turning, feeding, etc.
• Presents a positive image of JHAH through professional appearance and behavior.
• Maintains confidentiality by choosing the appropriate persons, time and place for patient related discussions.
• Maintains infection control and safety awareness.
• Takes appropriate and timely action upon noticing a problem, and immediately brings abnormal findings to the attention of the assigned registered nurse.
• Provides comfort measures during procedure if chaperoning, an always cleans area after procedure.
• Assures patient comfort and dignity measures during transport, without exception.
• Maintains a clean, safe and orderly environment by keeping unit clean and disposing of soiled, contaminated items appropriately.
• Tags, reports and removes broken equipment from service and delivers to repair area.
• Frequently checks for and reads all communication/minutes.
• Maintains a cooperative relationship with nursing personnel and other health care disciplines.
• Participates in staff mandatory training and development programs to enhance personal growth and development.
• Participates in fire and disaster drills and mock codes.
• Reports to work on time.
• Practices within the established standards, policies, and procedures.
• Performs other miscellaneous related duties as requested.
• High school (12 years schooling); AND
• One year Diploma in Life/Health Science training course approved by the Saudi Commission for Health Specialties regulation.
Minimum five years clinical experience required in field of patient care following training course.
Certifications/Other requirements as applicable
Must be able to communicate and comprehend English.
Industry Type :
Medical / Healthcare / Diagnostics / Medical Devices
Functional Area :
Doctor / Nurse / Paramedics / Hospital Technicians / Medical Research