Are you an experienced Process Energy Efficiency and Renewable professional considering a move? RINA has an exciting opportunity for a Senior Process Energy Efficiency and Renewable Consulting Engineer to join our dynamic team in Egypt based in modern office in Cairo. The new Senior Consultant will join a team of experts in close contact with our headquarter located in Genoa, Italy.
Working with multi-disciplinary RINA teams across the globe you will stretch your technical and consultancy skills across a variety of projects and technologies, with a primary focus on Energy Efficiency in Process Field (in particular Power & Heat Plants) and Renewable (in particular solar PV and Wind).
We re looking for a consultant with practical knowledge of Rankine and Brayton cycles (e.g. CCGT), Industrial Process and solar PV/Wind technologies, and substantial experience in conducting technical due diligence, design, and design review work of renewable and energy production assets / projects.
You will notice soon after joining the collaborative nature of our team; talented individuals gain knowledge and experience rapidly. You will be expected to travel approximately 20%-30% of your time.
• Coordinating and delivering Owner s Engineering (OE) and Independent Engineering (IE) consultancy work, from inception through to financial close and operational phases;
• Preparing and reviewing resource, technology, Heat and Material Balance (H&MB), P&ID and PFD, electrical and mechanical design, contractual documentation, environmental studies, planning permission, health and safety reports, grid offers and grid connection agreements;
• Preparation and management of tendering, negotiation and selection of contractors and key component provider, BoP, I&C, O&M, or EPC contracts and planning condition discharging;
• Site visit inspections and reports;
• Supporting business development activities including the development of new clients, solutions and services;
• Preparing and submitting budget estimates, progress and cost tracking reports;
• Developing and implementing quality control programs;
• Mentoring and supervising junior consultants, assisting in their development and technical outputs.
Professional Experience & Education:
• An engineering degree, scientific degree or equivalent qualification is essential;
• Previous experience as a Power & Heat and Renewable Plant expert in a technical consultancy, developer or EPC is essential;
• Excellent level of written and spoken English is required;
• Experience in reviewing key project contracts (EP, EPC, EPCM, O&M, LTSA, PPA, etc.) is required;
• Deep knowledge of industrial equipment (e.g. heat exchangers, heat pumps, thermostat controls, etc.) and related Energy Efficiency levels, costs, loads, types of fuels, countries electrical generation, natural resources, etc. is required;
• Experience in Energy & Resource Efficiency Audits, Due Diligences and Feasibility Studies in Industries (e.g. Upstream O&G, Refineries, Iron&Steel, Coke, Pulp&Paper, Food&Drinks, Aluminium, Agro-Industries, etc.) is highly desirable;
• Experience in design and construction activities for Power and Renewable Plants is highly desirable.
You are a highly professional, experienced and adaptable Consultant who takes pride to deliver technical excellence. An astute technical thinker with strong numerical, analytical and problem solving skills. You are keen to develop your skills taking this opportunity to progress in a growing team. As an exceptional communicator you have well-developed report writing and presentation skills with acute attention to detail. You thrive on customer engagement and is skilled in understanding their needs, building lasting relationships and identifying future work. You promote a collaborative approach, sharing knowledge and information to enhance the overall contribution of the team, supporting others along the way. You are a customer focus and sound technical judgment will equip you to achieve your project objectives. You prioritise, work smart and demonstrate high levels of accountability.