To ensure smooth running of plant by performing a variety of process engineering duties such as preparing studies, daily/monthly reports, testing & implementing changes in plant operation, and troubleshooting of operating problems.
• To prepare daily performance summaries to monitor plant by studying laboratory test reports, standard log sheets and other daily operating activity reports and highlights abnormalities and suggests corrective actions to supervisor.
• To collect monthly plant production and operating data evaluates unit efficiencies by relating chemicals and energy consumption and prepares reports with comments.
• To study required alternations of technical nature, in order to meet variations in production plans and or a varying feedback.
• To comply with all company Health, Safety and Environment as well as Work Permit, policies and procedures.
• To ensure the application of all modern tools especially computer based to achieve optimum plant performance, including PIS (plant Information System), LIMS (Laboratory Information Management System) and Process Simulation models.
• To participate in identification of possible solutions in process problem areas, which will include analyzing operating reports and discussing problem items with the departments concerned.
• To participate in HAZOP, HAZID, SIL and Risk Assessment studies pertaining to modifications, Plant Procedures and New Projects.
• To compile/provide input for preparation of Operating and 5-year Plan Budgets.
• To develop computer programs for process plants monitoring and yield prediction and apply computer simulation models and other advanced techniques to achieve optimum plant performance.
• To provide technical services and assistance to other sections such as Instrumentation, Maintenance, Inspection and Material as required.
• To review and provide comments and feedback on drawing and P&lD's.
• To provide On Job Trading to meet Competency Based Training Programs for UAE Nationalization.
• Bachelor of Science Engineering preferably in chemical or equivalent degree.
• Minimum of 8 years associated experience
• Specialized Process Engineering experience specifically in high H2S and C02 processes.
• Experience in preparation for operations in projects
• Experience in onshore remote/desert operations
• Experience in H2S operations
• Proven and strong interpersonal, influence and negotiation skills
• Willingness relocate during the engineering and construction phases
• Self-starter and highly organized individual
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Ability to work with and influence at different levels of the organization.