Sr. Process Engineer (Distillation)
To provide core process technical support to refinery operation and manage Laboratory team. Moreover, to support projects and Reliability needs as required.
• Provide professional process control management advice and technical expertise to support the development, optimisation and execution of operational plans.
• Oversee the review and update of process data used in the planning and scheduling tools to support the development and optimisation of production plans.
• Oversee the development and maintenance of Advanced Process Control and Process Control applications to enhance operation of the plant.
• Oversee the monitoring of operating parameters to ensure plant streams are within specified limits and IOW.
• Provide professional process engineering management advice and technical expertise for SASREF business units and departments to support project development, engineering studies, SD and TA plans and activities, I&R improvement programs.
• Oversees the provision of a consolidated (process engineering) scope of work for SD/TA to support ongoing availability of plant and equipment.
• Direct and review the preparation of the (annual) departmental business, operating plans and capital expenditure budget, in alignment with the key functional goals, to meet the departmental business objectives.
• Implement, Monitor & Control the Operating Plan to achieve Departmental objectives.
• Provide relevant information and advice to support the development of a sound functional business plan.
• Ensure the business processes and work activities, relevant to position, are executed in compliance with SASREF policy, procedures and best practice to achieve the business objectives in a safe, efficient and cost effective manner.
• Conduct a periodic review of Policy, Procedures and practices, relevant to position, to identify opportunities for improvement and engagement in best practice.
• Lead, motivate, develop and assess the assigned team to achieve business objectives and grow capability.
Workplace (WPS) and Process (PSM) Safety:
• Ensure that measures to protect personal safety and well-being are always in place and that personal actions do not jeopardize the safety and well-being of others.
• Adhere strictly to all IOWs, Safe Operating Procedures, and Safe Work Instructions - thus preventing potential WPS and PSM incidents at all times.
• Always comply with the Sasref HSE Policy, the 5 Safety Principles and 12 Golden Safety Rules.
• No personal injury or injury to a third party.
• No WPS or PSM incident caused.
• B.Sc. in Chemical Engineering or equivalent
• Minimum of 10 years relevant experience