a) Saudi Nationals Priority
b) Expats available in kingdom on a local transfer
Bachelor Degree in Chemical Engineering, Masters degree beneficial but not essential
• Typically 7 years’ experience in the petrochemical, fertilizer, refining, oil or gas industrial environments. Ideally, 5 years should be with a recognized international FEED/EPC contractor, performing process engineering to build green and brown field facilities in the petrochemical, or related chemical and Fertilizer industry.
• Experience in the following
- Complete project cycle (basic engineering and detailed engineering including construction, pre-commissioning and commissioning support) of green/ brown field projects is ideal.
- Resolving operational / design issues
- Process design specifically related to PDP & FEED
- Pre-tender stage design
- Scheduling, man-hour control, productivity and status reporting
• He shall also have following:
- Up to date with the latest technical developments in the respective fields of expertise
• Supporting Procurement in meeting clients/vendors
Job Specific Skills: (Key functional, leadership, or business skills required) To be competent in the following areas:
- Use of software packages, such as HYSYS, Pro II, HTRI, Aspen Flare Network Analyzer etc.
- Process simulation capability using the latest process software for process simulation such as ASPEN suite.
- Material and Energy balance, Preparation of PFD and P&I diagrams, Preparation of Process Data Sheet for Equipment and Instruments.
- Thermal design and rating of Heat exchangers using HTFS or HTRI software, Pump and compressor hydraulic, Pressure Relief valve capacity
calculation and line sizing, Flare network analysis using commercial available software.
- Microsoft office products
• Working knowledge of following
- International practices, regulation and standards related to Process and Process Safety
- Process Safety concepts in Hydrocarbon processing industry
- Quantitative Risk Analysis (QRA), Consequence analysis
- Value engineering
- SABIC/International Codes, Standards, Industrial Practices and Regulations.
• Preparation of proposal for PDP and FEED
• Able to
- Participate in Safety reviews and Process Hazard Analysis
• Train, coach and mentor
• Good written and verbal communication skills in English Language
• Strong interpersonal, leadership, planning, communication, analytical and problem solving skills.
• Strong planning, analytical and problem solving skills.
• Good presentation skills.
• Able to do following
- take proper and quick decision.
- work independently
- manage all aspects regarding to process design engineering
- provide and develop appropriate technical solutions for specific project issues • Ensure the delivery of challenging project and client targets using sound technical knowledge and decision making skills