The College of Humanities and Social Sciences seeks an incumbent for the position of Senior Programs Officer to support the Dean in meeting the academic programs needs of the college. Responsible for the coordination of activities (operations and planning) and ensuring timely flow of information to and from the college. Handles details of a highly confidential and critical nature, and must function efficiently and effectively in a fast-paced professional environment.
Operational Support & Coordination
• Provides support for maintaining cross-functional coordination between programs and departments for multiple tasks and projects with competing priorities and deadlines.
• Prepares reviews and edits proposals and agreements for CHSS outreach projects.
• Liaises between the project coordinators/consultants, and prepares monthly reports to track work progress.
• Monitors and reports progress on CHSS programs.
• Updates the Dean on progress of CHSS activities and events.
• Provides support and advice to CHSS in developing marketing material in accordance with ZU standards.
• Supports in planning and organizing visits to ZU by selected visitors specifically invited through CHSS. Ensures appropriate protocol is implemented when working with senior officials of government, industry, and higher education.
• Organizes meetings related to ZU matters as directed by CHSS Dean.
• Coordinates activities for the CHSS: press release, conferences, meeting, etc.
• Oversees logistics related to CHSS activities, from communication with the delegates (working on their travel arrangements, accommodation, transportation, visiting schedule,etc.), preparing contracts, collaborating with suppliers and issuing the required purchasing orders.
• Coordinates CHSS conferences, working with most of ZU departments, Media Services, Travel Services, Campus Development Services, Publication, and Finance.
• Ensures all operational tasks are applied and followed as per process guidelines.
• Organizes Awards ceremony upon request.
• Coordinates and prepares presentations and reports, as required.
• Provides support to establish, and monitors budgets. Tracks financial expenditures and projects budget shortfalls or surpluses.
• Provides budget and other reports to the Assistant Provost and other senior management members, as needed.
• Conducts research, gathers and compiles data/information from multiple sources for preparation of reports,presentations and correspondence
• Understands organizational policies and procedures necessary to ensure appropriate decision-making protocols are followed.
• Acts as the lead in preparation for college council meetings, including tracking, monitoring and following the progress of open action items, drafting the agenda, and producing accurate minutes at each meeting, and following up on action items. Provides research/background information, content development, and creation of presentations and coordinate meetings.
• Maintains Dean s travel arrangements and proactively coordinate the pre-planning of trips with various internal functions, including arranging appropriate travel, visas,agendas and necessary contacts, etc.
• Reviews selected documents and requests which come from the Office of the Vice President and the Office of the Provost and suggest recommendations for action. Screens and prioritizes incoming items to ensure the Dean is advised of current issues, events and items.
• Holds the hiring files for CHSS Adjunct and Regular faculty.
• Supports CHSS director on the professor s annual performance documents.
• Maintains personnel records of all faculty/staff such as annual leave, sick leave
• Liaise with HR on CHSS organization chart and all positions
Financial, budgeting and Purchase Support
• Provides support to establish, and monito rbudgets. Tracks financial expenditures and projects budget shortfalls orsurpluses.
• Provides budget and other reports to the Dean and other senior management members, as needed.
• Prepare all payment requisitions for all CHSS faculty for all involved projects/programs.
• Maintains all CHSS expenses (suppliers invoices,petty cash & staff local exp. Claim)
• Maintains all CHSS contracts invoices against the clients/organizations
• Works with finance department staff on the activity/program codes
• Liaises with finance department to have updated information on the issued invoices
• Prepares activity reports for the dean upon request.
• Collaborates with vendors and the University purchasing departments on CHSS quote requests, purchase orders.
• Maintain CHSS Inventory and related records
• Minimum of 3 years of experience and at least a Bachelor s degree from an accredited institution or an equivalent combination of experience and education.
• Demonstrated success in planning,organization and execution of programs, events, service and deliverables.
• High degree of computer competency using email,Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint), web-based tools.
• Sound working knowledge of Zayed University is preferred.
• Bilingual (English/Arabic) is an asset.