The Senior Project Manager is responsible for the overall management of a Class A, Class B or Class C type project throughout its lifecycle.
• The Principal Project Manager has the qualifications and business acumen to manage large scale, high risk, strategic projects that span organizational boundaries including multiple business units and service partners/vendors.
• They provide leadership to cross-functional teams responsible for delivering defined project outputs to time, budget and project quality criteria. Senior Project Manager also ensures adherence to project management methodology practices, provides project manager mentoring, performs Project Management Reviews and reinforces the enterprise knowledge management through the communication of lessons learned and best practices development.
• The Senior Project Manager assists during the Bid Phase of the customer engagement by providing input into the proposal especially in the area of delivery model (e.g. SAP Advanced Delivery management model for delivery of particular customer project), project structure, organization, scoping, estimation and risk assessment.
• The Senior Project Manager has ability to manage complex projects or smaller programs that require coordination of work between various parties like third party sub-contractors, SAP Custom Development, SAP Global Delivery, SAP Active Global Support.
EXPECTATIONS AND TASKS
• Define appropriate delivery model for customer project based on SAP Advanced Delivery Management as a composition of RDS, pre-defined services, on-site delivery, Global Delivery, Custom Development as needed to deliver on customer success
• Scope and estimate the engagement
• Determine required resources for the project
• Assess, document and communicate risk for the engagement
• Position SAP delivery methodology ASAP in the engagement
• Conduct the project planning activities and manage the execution of large scale, high risk, or strategic projects according to plan (Opportunity Management, Initiating to Closing )
• Evaluate complex situations accurately and identify viable solutions that create successful outcome for the customer.
• Manage relationship with project stakeholders, including internal and external clients, keeping stakeholders informed of progress and issues in order to manage expectations on all project requirements and deliverables.
• Manage and communicate a clear vision of the project s objectives, and motivate the project team to achieve them; create a project environment that enables peak performance by team members.
• Ensure proper use of methodology, tools and procedures
• Ensures proper governance is in place to best meet project objectives
• Balance the trade-off of the triple- constraint (time, cost and scope) to realize the expected business value.
• Evaluates strategic options and alternatives for delivering or offering services in a more efficient or cost effective manner.
Coaching and Mentoring
• Perform Project Management Reviews and mentor project managers on project management methodology, standards and processes.
• Coach to clarify assignments and deliverables to project team; review quality of work and manage integration of team members work; provide performance input to project team members functional management.
• Takes responsibility from time to time as team lead and supports respective line manager(s) in people development tasks
• Maintain project documentation and updates to relevant knowledge management bases; analyze lessons learned and share with the organization s project management community.
• Participate in the development of project management best practices.
• Excellent understanding of SAP solutions and of the consulting business processes and functions.
• Highly developed business acumen.
• Liaison and consultative skills: negotiating skills within a context of high political sensitivity and conflicting interests.
• Strong writing, mentoring, decision making, communication, and meeting facilitation skills; ability to utilize a combination of formal authority and persuasion skill sets.
• Ability to train and mentor project managers or teams in project management methodologies.
• Knowledge of the strategic and operational issues of the project management business unit.
• A clear vision of what determines a successful project for the customer and for the enterprise.
• Knowledge of and competency in project management processes including planning tasks, resource allocation, risk management, time management, financial management, HR management, quality management, monitoring and reporting, documenting and record keeping.
• Adaptability and flexibility to manage deadline pressure, ambiguity and change.
• Strong leadership, organizational and interpersonal skills; the ability to work well with people from different disciplines with varying degrees of technical experience; competence in clear concise and tactful communication with senior executive management, clients, peers and team members
• 5 7 years of project management experience in large scale, high risk, or strategic projects.
• 3 5 years of supervisory or coaching experience in teambuilding and leading teams.
• Some level of international implementation experience required
• Management experience in managing medium size teams
• Management experience of medium to large size and multilayered teams is desirable
• Management of remote resources (global delivery or distributed organization)
• P&L of LoB in medium to large organization is desirable
• Cultural awareness and experience working across different cultures and nationalities
• Strong leadership and people management skills are desirable
• Leading in matrix organization and without formal authority a plus
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATION / SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
• Demonstrated experience leading cross functional teams within a formalized methodology.
• Demonstrated expertise in creating and maintaining project deliverables such as, project charter, project management plan, status reports, project timesheets, communications plan, budget and schedule.
• Demonstrated experience in managing issues, scope and quality while bring projects to successful completion within the cost and time requirements.
• English: Fluent
• Required undergraduate university degree, preferably in commerce, engineering, information technologies or equivalent training and job experience.
• Master s degree, preferably in commerce, engineering, information technologies or MBA an asset