The Corporate Logistics Team plan, move and control the flow of goods from point of origin to point of consumption across all divisions, markets and brands of our company. Working closely with brand teams to ensure appropriate stock and delivery to store, the team manages a range of complex and diverse activities including shipping, freight, warehouse operations, customs clearance (in-bound and out-bound), compliance and project management.
A senior project manager you will be accountable for the Project Management component of the Corporate Logistics function from concept to completion in accordance with Company Policy and agreed objectives. Work within approved budget agreed time scale and quality requirements.
• Work with stakeholders to define requirements, implement project deliverable and provide project status updates to enable the Logistics Project team to expand into new markets, improve process and systems, on board new brands through feasibility studies, strategy development, operational support and controlled project management.
• Communicate effectively with stakeholders to identify needs and evaluate alternative business solutions.
• Develop long lasting relationships with key stakeholders.
• Continually seek opportunities to increase customer satisfaction and deepen stakeholder relationships.
• Define account-abilities, work scope, and targets for each team member
• Identify opportunities for improvement and makes constructive suggestions for change.
• Initiate and maintain key contracts.
• Forecast likely business benefits and track success of project
• Use expertise in logistics and supply chain to assess and evaluate the best solutions
• Identify risks, issues and opportunities and provide effective solutions to mitigate, resolve or enhance
• Age projects within Logistics from concept to completion in accordance with Company
• Accountable for the delivery of multiple projects/programs from inception through implementation, including planning, risk, cost and benefit management.
• Must have significant experience of managing complex projects from inception through implementation in challenging environments.
• Background in a senior role within an international shipping, logistics or retail supply chain business (operational management is beneficial but not essential)
• Evidence of strong relationship building skills that enables robust and effective stakeholder management.
• Experience of managing and developing specialist project teams that can operate in matrix environment
• Certificate in project management or Prince 2
• Strong communication skills in English.
• Minimum of 5 year s experience