At Turner & Townsend we're passionate about making the difference. That means delivering better outcomes for our clients, helping our people to realize their potential, and doing our part to create a prosperous society.
Every day we help our major global clients deliver ambitious and highly technical projects, in over 130 countries worldwide.
Our team is dynamic, innovative and client-focused, supported by an inclusive and fun company culture. Our clients value our proactive approach, depth of expertise, integrity and the quality we deliver. As a result our people get to enjoy working on some of the most exciting projects in the world.
Turner & Townsend Qatar have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Quantity Surveyor / Cost Manager to join our Real Estate team. The role will involve working on a wide variety of projects, often large and complex, which could include Commercial (new build and fit out), Hospitality, Leisure, Residential and Master Plan developments. Projects are in both the pre and post contract stages. Our client base includes some of the industry's leading local and international organisations.
The role offers the right candidate the opportunity to take the lead on commissions and have autonomy to manage projects independently, whilst being surrounded by a professional and ambitious team offering support and guidance where required.
The Senior Quantity Surveyor will work closely with the Real Estate Associate Directors and Directors, to deliver projects within the sector. At times the Senior Quantity Surveyor will also adopt the role of a commission manager directly supporting our clients.
MAIN PURPOSE OF ROLE:
• Support in the delivery of a mega project during the pre-contract stages;
• Provide procurement and tendering advice to clients;
• At times, manage projects in their post contract stages;
• To provide excellent service delivery to clients, gain their trust and enhance our reputation;
• To ensure that client objectives are met through the delivery of an effective cost management service from pre contract to handover.
• Estimating and cost planning to include producing and presenting the final cost plan.
• Production of full Bills of Quantities and tender documentation.
• Tendering and procuring, including managing the pre-qualification stage, producing the tender list, preparing preambles and preliminaries, tender queries, tender analysis, producing the tender report and compiling the contractual documents.
• Dealing effectively with post contract cost variances and the change control processes, where applicable.
• Taking personal responsibility for making cost checks and carrying out valuations on larger projects and in all cases ensuring that timely and accurate cost checking and valuation takes place.
• Producing pre-contract, post-contract and ad-hoc reports and presenting them to the client.
• Negotiating with contractors and agreeing final accounts.
• Interfacing with the client, contractors and other consultants, at all project stages.
• Where appropriate, lead a cost management team to ensure high quality delivery in accordance with the accountabilities above.
KEY EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
• We are looking for someone with an eagerness to progress their career and develop professionally;
• A positive and assertive attitude is key for this role;
• Experience working within a professional consultancy is preferred;
• Background of delivering Real Estate Projects, particularly in the education and health sectors is preferred;
• Sound experience of delivering quantity surveying services during feasibility and design and during construction stages is essential;
• Prior experience of working in the Middle East is preferred.
• BSc Degree in Quantity Surveying or equivalent obtained from a Western University is preferred;
• MRICS is preferred, although not essential;
• Minimum 10 years' post qualification experience (Senior QS) and 5 years (QS);
• Knowledge of CostX is preferred but not essential.
Turner & Townsend is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees and actively encourage applications from all sectors of the community.
Please find out more about us at www.turnerandtownsend.com