Leidos is seeking Senior Radar Systems Engineers with comprehensive knowledge in surveillance radars; radar subsystems and interfacing equipment (e.g., antennas, processors, height computers, monitoring, data transmission, 3-dimensional radar plot extractors, power systems, etc.); interfacing radars in an air defense network; and familiarity with current Royal Saudi Air Force (RSAF) systems (e.g., TPS-43, TPS-72, FPS-117, etc.) to support the RSAF in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. The Senior Radar Systems Engineers will be part of the Contractor Engineering and Technical Support team in support of a U.S. Air Force Foreign Military Sales (FMS) program to the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. This is a one-year assignment with option to renew. Assignment location may be one of seven locations in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia per the Performance Work Statement.
The Senior Radar Systems Engineer shall perform work that involves applying radar knowledge and technical expertise to support operations, sustainment and modifications, including, but not limited to, the following:
Supporting the RSAF Officer-in-Charge by:
• Actively advising and assisting in all aspects of his specialty.
• Continuously monitoring of all RSAF training in his specialty and recommending improvements.
• Training RSAF Engineering Officers and Warrant Officers in practical and theory.
• Producing adequate engineering training material in his specialty.
• Performing intermediate level maintenance in his specialty as required.
• Supporting Mobile Maintenance Team (MMT) functions and travel to remote radar sites to perform specialized maintenance, trouble shooting, and training
• Bachelor of Science degree in Electronics/Electrical Engineering or Radar Technology. Specialized training and certification in each area of expertise with Radars in general is a requirement.
• Must be qualified and specialized on either the TPS-43/72 or the FPS-117 Radar equipment, hardware and software, operations and maintenance.
• Fifteen (15) years experience on a wide variety of surveillance Radars including either the TPS-43/72 or the FPS-117.
Must be able to demonstrate past examples of cultural adaptability and ability to establish a trusted professional relationship with an international customer.
Arabic language proficiency.
External Referral Bonus: Eligible Potential for Telework: No Clearance Level Required: None Travel: Yes, 10% of the time Scheduled Weekly Hours: 40 Shift: Day Requisition Category: Professional Job Family: Electrical Engineering Leidos
Leidos is a Fortune 500 information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com .
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here .
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to firstname.lastname@example.org .
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.