Acts in a senior capacity, assists radiographers in the performance of their duties, and ensures a safe working environment in the Cardiac Cath Lab (CCL). Assists in the coordination and organization of the daily activities of the department and performs patient procedures to maintain high standards of clinical skills.
Essential Responsibilities and Duties
1.Ensures that all members of catheterization team are knowledgeable to observes safe radiation practice.
2. Reviews and maintains records of daily equipment and network checks. Notifies Engineers of all equipment faults and organizes preventative maintenance programs. Communicates and files reports with Clinical Engineering.
3. Monitors the CCL networking system on a daily basis ensuring reliability and availability. Troubleshoots network problems and takes corrective action. Plans and implements network applications as required and liaises with Healthcare Information Technology Affairs.
4. Responsible for the safe, appropriate use, and maintenance of all radiographic equipment. Evaluates new equipment and checks equipment to minimize downtime. Advises manager of malfunctions of equipment and the need for repairs. Maintains a log of such events. Responsible for all CCL radiological equipment.
5. Performs catheterization procedures under direction of Cardiologist and assists with emergency resuscitation measures as required.
6. Monitors productivity of technical staff and maintains cost effectiveness. Ensures work is completed in a timely manner.
7. Ensures proper work standards in the department. Develops, revises, and implements policies and procedures for the department, section, and Hospital.
8. Archives departmental statistics, paperwork, and other reports. Researches materials such as databases, libraries, and AV aids.
9. Evaluates Radiographers for re-contracting. Interviews/ evaluates candidates for employment. Responsible for technical training and orientation of new personnel, students, and fellows. Prepares educational material for staff members and physicians.
10. Designs and assists with research projects, program development, and other projects.
11. Follows all Hospital related policies and procedures.
12. Participates in self and other s education, training, and development, as applicable.
13. Performs other related duties as assigned.
Master s, Bachelor s, or Associate Degree/Diploma in Health Sciences; Graduate in Radiological sciences/ Radiation Technology from an accredited two (2) years program is required.
Two (2) years of related experience with Master s, four (4) years with Bachelor s, or six (6) years with Associate Degree/Diploma is required.
* Grade 10:
- Four (4) years as Senior Radiographer, Cardiac Catheterization Lab (Invasive) at KFSH&RC.
- Average of annual performance appraisal at least (3.5) for the last four (4) years.
- One hundred (100) hours of cumulative continued medical education [CME].
*Current Registration from country of origin and Saudi Commission for Health Specialties (SCHS) is required.
* Certificate in Basic Cardiac Life Support (BCLS) is required.
* English proficiency is essential.