Direct & supervise rotating equipment engineers providing expertise. Ensure the application of correct standards in the design and development of projects associated with gas processing, production and export.
• Review and approve rotating equipment's datasheets and drawings.
• Participate In technical evaluations.
• Participate in FAT.
• Provide rotating equipment Integrity management services to the site.
• Perform duties safely and in conformance with applicable codes and ABSA regulations,
• Investigate (mechanical) failures or unexpected maintenance problems by using a combination of field work, interviewing operators/ maintainers and use of DCS tools,
• Troubleshoot performance problems with data analyses and calculations and recommend corrective actions as required.
• Track equipment usage from the RAM system and PI from the DCS as a performance monitoring tool,
• Write guidelines that WIII be Incorporated In operating and/or maintenance procedures.
• Develop tactics and strategies that will allow plant equipment to achieve optimum performance by maximizing reliability.
• Conduct formal root cause analyses, write and distribute the report and implement the results.
• Share learning's with engineers, operators and maintainers,
• Monitor maintenance performed on plant equipment by visiting the field and talking to maintenance personnel for the purposes of determining more reliable solutions to failures and worn equipment.
• Liaise with vendors in procuring major pieces of equipment's.
• Review and approve the rotating equipment's pre-commissioning/ commissioning procedures,
• Implement the company HSE policy, procedures, regulations and objectives as they relate to area of responsibility. Ensures that work under control Is performed in a safe and environmentally sound manner.
• Follow' up with the EPC contractor the construction planning and progress In dally Client's.
• Provide on-site machinery / mechanical engineering consultation during construction, pre-commissioning & commissioning stage.
• Provide training & development to the assigned UAE national employees in the project.
• Perform additional work activities as directed by line manager,
• Respond to technical queries from EPC contractor and others, as deemed necessary in respect to piping, Ensures safe, economic and technically sound decisions In the EPC project phase.
• Review requests for Design Deviations / Concession Requests proposed.
• Verify that all deliverables are completed correctly and satisfactorily.
• Review technical content of claims for changes In the EPC contract.
• A Bachelor's Degree or equivalent degree in Mechanical Engineering from an accredited university.
• Minimum 15 years post-graduation experience in design and development of capital projects in the Oil/Gas Industry at Senior Level.