In line with incremental R&D spend on new
Cloud at Customer and Engineered Systems our Sales Consulting team is
expanding, subsequently we are interested in talking with
experienced solutions architects, pre-sales professionals that major in
engineered systems and infrastructure, but have broad enough technical
knowledge to bring together a platform and infrastructure solution.
Oracle can draw on some of the broadest array
of Cloud Service offerings in the industry:
• Oracle Cloud Infrastructure that are faster and
cheaper than the fastest solution offered by the competition,
organisations can upload their entire on-premises network,
applications and storage directly to the Oracle cloud
• Oracle Cloud at Customer, a fully managed service
solution; customers access the locally installed service in a subscription
format using an elastic metered formula. All administration, maintenance,
and updating of the Cloud platform at Customer is the responsibility of
• New additions to the Oracle Cloud Platform enable
customers to get the best of both multi-tenant and single-tenant
Who are we looking for?
We are looking to hire the best technical
specialists into technology LOB solution roles. Working for our Sales
Consulting team, you will be a cloud specialist, a lynch pin in supporting our
customers as they move workloads to any one of Oracle's cloud services; Private
Cloud, Cloud at Customer and Public Cloud. As part of this role you will
be showing the art of the possible by taking customers on the journey to cloud
computing, allowing them to drive value from their cloud strategy.
If you have Solution Architecture expertise,
helped customers utilize public or hybrid cloud, or if you have been part of
the deployment of these strategies with a deep understanding of IaaS (compute,
network, storage and security) then this sales consulting role could be a
fantastic fit for you.
• Work alongside the sale team to design the best
solution for the customer.
• Advise CIO/CTO level contacts and their teams as
they look to move their business to a cloud architecture
• Present Oracle's cloud infrastructure,
including demonstrating deep familiarity with company's hosting
infrastructure, security and integration capabilities
• Present agile driven demos to represent capabilities
of the Oracle Cloud Platform
• Conduct architecture and technical workshops
that articulate the value and capability of the Oracle cloud
• Conduct PoCs tailored to customers' needs and proof
• An understanding of development and deployment
concepts and tools that enable successful public cloud deployments
• Enthusiasm, energy and ability to evangelize and
expand the footprint of seeded markets in the public cloud platform
• Broad knowledge and experience in private and public
cloud ecosystem and IT infrastructure and data centre elements
• Experience in a customer-facing role such as a
consultant, solutions engineer or an architect in the cloud ecosystem
• Proven track record of proactive problem solving
• Strong infrastructure architecture / design skills
with a passion for technology.
• Ability to analyse existing estate and understand
business goal and align to hybrid cloud solutions
• Ability to work at multiple stakeholder levels to
• Experience with other cloud provides, such as AWS or
Any of the following areas of technical
• Windows / Linux / Solaris
• Virtualisation (VMware / Citrix / OVM / KVM)
• Docker Application Containers
• Solid network skills: LAN / WAN / VPN / DHCP / DNS /
Load balancing (any Cisco / Networking certifications desirable)
• IaaS, PaaS, SaaS exposure
• Storage - Enterprise SAN / NAS / Object Store
• Security - Access Control / Identity Management etc.
• Oracle Databases - (any associated certifications
• Web / Application Server architecture
Detailed Description and Job Requirements
Provides direction and specialist
knowledge in applying the technology/application to client business.
Facilitation of customer product/application understanding through
presentations demonstrations and benchmarks; provision of support throughout the
As a Principal Sales Consultant you will be responsible as the expert for
formulating and leading presales technical / functional support activity to
prospective clients and customers while ensuring customer satisfaction. Acts as
a technical resource and mentor for less experienced Sales Consultants. Focuses
on large or complex sales opportunities that need creative and complex
solutions. Develops productivity tools and training for other Sales
Consultants. Develops and delivers outstanding Oracle presentations and
demonstrations. Leads any and all aspects of the technical sales process.
Advises internal and external clients on overall architect solutions.
Leading contributor individually and as a team member, providing direction and
mentoring to others. Work is non-routine and very complex, involving the
application of advanced technical/business skills in area of specialization. 3
years vendor (sales and marketing) experience. 7 years business experience with
relevant computer applications or database/tools. Ability to implement the most
advanced product features. Thorough knowledge of system and application design.
In depth knowledge of competitors. Demonstrated project management skills.
Demonstrated excellent verbal and written communication skills: needs analysis,
positioning, business justification, closing techniques. Ability to persuade
others through presentations, demonstrations, and written communication.
Ability to travel as needed. A/BS degree or equivalent, advanced degree highly
As part of Oracle's employment process candidates will be required to
complete a pre-employment screening process, prior to an offer being made. This
will involve identity and employment verification, salary verification,
professional references, education verification and professional qualifications
and memberships (if applicable).