About State Street
Across the globe, institutional investors rely on us to help them manage risk, respond to challenges, and drive performance and profitability. We keep our clients at the heart of everything we do, and smart, engaged employees are essential to our continued success.
Our promise to maintain an environment where every employee feels valued and is given equal opportunities to meet their full potential regardless of their identity, origin or gender infuses our day-to-day efforts. It s also part of our commitment to inclusion, development and engagement, and corporate social responsibility. Join us.
At State Street Global Advisors, our mission is to invest responsibly to enable economic prosperity and social progress. Our vision is to be the first investment call for every institutional investor and financial intermediary.
In order to achieve SSGA s Mission and Vision, our Global Institutional Group will drive the sale of a robust mix of innovative solutions to our institutional clients, including active and beta strategies, while delivering a best-in-class service experience within a culture that values diversity, collaboration and learning.
Overview of role:
We are looking for a senior sales/business development professional to join our dynamic, diverse SSGA Middle East & Africa (MEA) team. Based in our new Riyadh office (after an induction period of 3-6 months in our Abu Dhabi office), you will be a key member of the MEA team contributing to our prospecting and new revenue generation efforts.
You will join an ambitious and entrepreneurial client facing team covering a range of client segments with a strong focus on Official Institutions, pension funds and asset gatherers. Your particular focus will be on Financial Institutions, Family Offices, Insurance platforms, and mutual fund distribution in Saudi Arabia.
You will need to collaborate with colleagues in investments, research, and marketing. The role requires energy, flexibility, curiosity and excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
We want you to develop a deep understanding of the SSGA franchise and of the Middle East market to advance our pipeline and actively contribute to the region s annual net new revenue targets.
What we will ask you to do:
• Build and develop a sales pipeline comprising fund distribution to investors based in Saudi Arabia, sub-advised/white label business with wealth/asset managers and separately-managed accounts for larger financial intermediaries / family offices
• Focus your efforts on value-added products including quant and fundamental equities, EM debt, fixed income, cash and liquid alternatives
• Initiate and oversee sales/marketing/PR campaigns in close collaboration with our EMEA Marketing team and lead the organization of our SSGA conferences in the Kingdom and abroad
• Be the go-to person for competitive and market intelligence on the Saudi fund industry and keep an eye out for regulatory and macroeconomic developments
• Manage and grow relationships with fund distributors/promoters
• Oversee RFPs, product information gathering and client-centric research origination/dissemination
• Act as back-up Account Executive on certain client accounts as required
• Harness the expertise of our internal specialists (e.g. portfolio management, portfolio strategy, research, Cash, SPDR, etc.) in order to deliver a consultative sale to clients
• Monitor key product performance and liaise with portfolio strategists to ensure proactive engagement with our client base
• Build strong, positive relationships with key internal groups
• Maintain the highest possible fiduciary standards and ensure compliance with all internal and external requirements
What we would love you to be:
• Academic background in finance, economics, business or a related field
• Native Arabic speaker (mandatory)
• Strong communicator with excellent interpersonal skills
• Experienced in investment management or investment banking
• A good problem solver and trouble-shooter, with the ability to identify and analyze issues with the creativity and energy to solve them
Who you are:
• You are articulate, curious and entrepreneurial
• You want to work in a diverse, multi-cultural environment
• You are motivated and keen to deliver the best possible result to clients
• You understand the importance of risk excellence when representing a global financial services firm in emerging markets