The Security Engineer will work with the sales team in a pre-sales role to develop and position solutions involving Rapid7 security solutions. Work as an equal partner with our sales team in matching up customers with Rapid7's vulnerability management and penetration testing security solutions. If you are comfortable going toe-to-toe in a technical discussion with engineers and then shifting gears and having a brass-tacks business conversation with a CIO, this may be the opportunity for you.
• Conduct in-person and remote product demonstrations , working closely with assigned Sales Account Executive to present the technical value proposition
• Articulate and demonstrate Rapid7 s solutions, and positions solutions relative to competition.
• In-depth knowledge of competitive products for each of Rapid7 products.
• Possess presentation-ready knowledge and product expertise on all Rapid7 s product groups, with specialized expertise in the security solutions
• Engage with the customer as the technical lead throughout the pre-sales evaluation cycle to ensure success and Rapid7 products meet customer requirements
• Engage with Partners in the region to provide technical training and support for partner led opportunities.
• Technical pre-sales support for direct and channel sales teams
• Support seminars and trade shows
• Provide technical expertise and real-life experience in creating solutions, designs, proof of concepts and implementations
• Drive high levels of customer satisfaction
• Provide feedback on Customer Feature Requests and enhancements to improve the product relevance and maintain competitiveness
• Technical background in Information Security
• Ability to relate to a wide range of technical staff and managers in customer environments.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Lead the technical Pre-sales cycle through to completion
• In-depth knowledge of multiple Operating Systems
• Identify technical requirements and customer success criteria, design proposed solution and secure technical win.
• Fluent Dutch language , capable English speaker
• A good understanding of network topology, TCP/IP network configuration and components (firewalls, routers, etc.)
• Prior experience in selling solutions to Fortune 500 or other large companies
• Must have a good understanding of the sales process and the roles and responsibilities of a sales engineer
• Strong technical presentation and communication skills, both verbal and written
• Ability to present and explain technology to people with less technical knowledge
• Must be able to thrive in a fast paced, high stress start up environment
• Ability to work independently, ability to adapt quickly, positive attitude
• Highly motivated , enthusiastic and determined to succeed
• CISSP Qualified
• Previous Startup experience, working independently etc.
• Experience supporting and working closely with a pre-sales and sales organization.
• Strategic approach to technical selling with a professional understanding of customer expectations.
• Customer Focus - Responds effectively to needs expressed by customers.
• Must be able to present effectively in front of large groups, both technically and non-technically oriented. Also requires ability to understand business problems of C-level executives; discuss these problems; present and prepare solutions.