We currently have an opportunity within SPIE Oil & Gas Services Middle East LLC / Qatar for a:
Senior Safety, Health, Environment and Security Specialist
This position is a unique opportunity and provides subject matter expertise in all facets of safety, health, environmental and security to the NFE Onshore Project from EPC tender evaluation phase through engineering, construction, systems completion and start-up. The position will provide a ready source to the project for consultation in SHES matters related to project execution. Position will support field based personnel in the identification and analysis of SHES issues and risks and provide recommendations to mitigate risks and resolve issues.
Your main duties will be to:
• Provides subject matter expertise for the safe execution of all phases of the work, health and welfare of the work force, compliance to environmental standards as required in the Construction Environmental Management Plan and security of the site for personnel, equipment and materials.
• Generates and tracks annual plans for audits, assessments, SHES Management System requirements, Corporate and project SHES required training, SHES resources and Project Management gate reviews.
• Develops and / or revises Project specific policies and procedures for use across all EPC areas based on need and lessons learned
• Analyses incident data and lagging and leading indicators from project safety observation program, identifies trends and recommends actions for implementation at field level
• Stays current on local regulations and changes in international standards and codes and recommends changes to Project Safety Management System as required
• Provides impartial opinion on disagreements between EPC Contractors and Company on interpretation of SHES requirements in EPC Contract when the disagreement cannot be resolved at a field level
• Leads audits and assessments of EPC Contractors’ SHES Management System and camp welfare programs. Ensures consistent application of Company standards across all EPC projects. Develops and implements annual integrated SHES audit and assessment program
• Leads investigations on significant incidents involving injury or property damage and High Potential Near Misses
• Serves as Deputy SHES Manager in his absence
• Responsible for the review of EPC pre-qualification SHES review based on Client and Project criteria in consultation with the Project SHES Manager.
• Provide clarifications on technical bid queries by prospective EPC Contractors based on Project Instructions
• Supports PMT with interface of potential EPC bidders including possible visits to their home office, interviews with relevant key personnel and support of site visits.
• Provides support for the development of PMT SHES organisation including review of organisation charts, development of job descriptions and interview of potential candidates in coordination with Field SHES team.
• Supports the on boarding of EPC Contractor(s) during the contract award period, including kick-off meetings and development of initial SHES deliverables in coordination with relevant PMT groups. Implements synergy between the EPC Contract packages.
• Promotes consistency across EPC Packages in the application of the EPC contractual requirements and Corporate requirements
• Works in a Project environment in which the incumbent strives to achieve best in class Safety, Health, Environmental & Security performance by creating a culture that encourages everyone to perform their best every day on every task.
• Interfaces among various Project teams and departments on issues relating to the position. This interface requires effective communication, initiative, flexibility and an ability to induce collaboration.
• Utilizes a systematic approach to problem solving that ensures accuracy, timeliness and quality of documentation in resolution
• Makes decisions and solves problems related to a specific discipline/field.