Take the next step in your career at ABB, working in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
ABB Distribution Solutions are a global leader in power distribution solutions, delivering pioneering low and medium-voltage innovations and services. We care about your tomorrow, providing solutions for a smarter, safer, environmentally friendly and more reliable flow and distribution of electricity.
You will be working as Senior Testing Engineer Automation and will be a part of the Electrification business for Distribution Solutions business line based in Abu Dhabi, UAE. In this role you will be reporting to Service Manager and will be responsible for executing automation service orders for commissioning and site support under instructions from Service Manager or Project Manager following company procedures and customers requirements, in compliance with safety, technical and contractual requirements you will responsible to grow the service business with defined customers.
• Receiving the project documentation and all the technical information necessary to start the commissioning activity. Filling the site report and agreeing the actions with the Project Manager prior to site commissioning or modification.
• Accomplishing the requested preliminary activities like permissions, gate pass, power on or shutdown permits, application programs download and documentation check using the proper software tools and instrumentation, according to company testing procedures
• Verifying the correctness of all the hardware connections between the system (DA, MV, LV system, operator Interfaces and other network devices) under test making sure that the installed cables and wiring are made according to the related documents and are working properly.
• Properly installing and verifying the correct functionality of all the installed devices in accordance with FAT results using diagnostic and application tools and following the project documentation as reference.
• Giving feedback to engineering department for improvements in schemes, corrections of drawings or any other modifications if required by customer at site after supply. Solving hardware and functional incongruence if any found during site testing phase, modifying the wrong hardware or software items involved and testing again the new software configuration.
• Updating the system documentation with proper mark-ups and software configuration periodic updates, maintaining due trace of all the changes, following company testing procedure indications.
• Obtaining the S.A.T (Factory Acceptance Test) certificate from the customer at the completion of the job, eventually with the list of the pending items not yet completed, in cooperation with the Project Leader and the Project Manager.
• Collecting all the updated documentation at the conclusion of the commissioning job and sending it to the Project Manager for the delivery of the "As Commissioned" documents to the Engineering Department.
• Collecting all the certificates and the other requested documents to complete the so called "Log Project Book" for the specific project and delivering it to the Project Leader and Project Manager for contractual use. At the end of the testing phase cooperating with Project leader and Project Manager for the delivery on site of the system, giving proper instruction to the company shipping department.
• Living ABB's core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
• Bachelor's degree in electrical or Automation Engineering.
• A minimum of 6 years of experience in the specific field of application or similar fields (i.e. commissioning for Switchgear products.
• Required knowledge of the most common testing tools (hardware and computerized).
• Required knowledge of safe working procedures at site.
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills required.