System Administrator Qualifications/Skills:
• General Programming Skills
• System Administration
• Technical Understanding and Management
• Telecommunications and Internet Technologies
• Dependability, Verbal Communication, and Ability to Handle Pressure and Learn on the Fly
Education, Experience, & Licensing Requirements:
• Bachelor s degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, or Engineering
• Minimum of five years of experience in Servers and database administration
• Experience with Java GUI front-end development, SQL, Postgres, or equivalent database tools
• Experience with Agile software development using JIRA
• Experience with Zeek (formerly Bro)
• Experience in multiple OS platforms with strong emphasis on Linux (CentOS, Red Hat, Ubuntu), Mac OS X and Windows systems
• Experience with OS-level scripting environment such as Bourne shell.
• Experience working in a research environment that relies extensively on Open Source solutions
• In-depth knowledge of the TCP / IP protocol suite, security architecture, securing and hardening Operating Systems, Networks, Databases and Applications.
• Knowledge of the Incident Response life cycle
• Thorough understanding of the threat and attack landscape, attack vectors, vulnerabilities and how they are leveraged by malicious actors.
• Security certifications, Database Administrator certifications are highly preferred but not required.