This role will interact with delivery teams to validate and construct solutions designs across the enterprise systems and will also participate in delivery projects to perform compliance checks and ensure product quality and alignment with IT processes. The Solution Architect will also proactively incorporate the Design Authority board to ensure solution proposals are compliant with the Group s overall Enterprise Architecture principles.
The candidate must have strong communication skills and be organized in his approach to daily tasks. He should have previous experience in software and hardware implementation projects and a proven track record in documenting functional and technical designs following industry best practices and tools.
What You'll Do:
• Undertake high level technical architecture & design activities on projects of work, working alongside our development partners.
• Ensure appropriate and timely escalation of key architecture & design decision conflicts.
• Evaluate 3rd party solutions, performing detailed technical assessments and advising business on integration and technical fit into existing architecture landscape.
• Collaborate with and, where required, instruct 3rd party development partners and resource on low level technical design and delivery of an IT solution.
• Partner with business and technology subject-matter experts to elicit and translate business requirements into technology solutions & strategic direction.
• Ensure solution design complies with the long-term strategic roadmap for all IT systems architecture.
• Partner with other solution architects to provide a consensus based scalable and adaptable architectural solution including peer review of solution architecture deliverables.
• Present and evaluate high level project architecture & artefacts at a technology governance forum to ensure architectural and strategic fit.
• Run design authority sessions, in collaboration with other solution architects, evaluating proposed designs against established standards and architecture framework.
• Identify opportunities for innovation & support the development of the Business Technology Strategy.
Education : Undergraduate degree in the following disciplines Computing, Engineering or Mathematics
• A minimum of 6 years experience is required working in technology related environments as a Business Analyst, Technical Architect, Solution Architect, Functional Consultant, Developer or equivalent role
• Experience designing, integrating, and managing complex solutions (multi-platform, multi-technology, 3rd parties).
• Possess a strong background in different technologies focusing on business applications, and should know and understand a variety of different technologies, frameworks and coding languages. Ideally the candidate should have a technology related academic background.
• It is also crucial to have experience in the application of technology to business processes and to have a good understanding of Retail as an industry.
• Experience of Agile and Waterfall software development lifecycles.
• Previous experience software development / coding during their career.
• Demonstrated ability to build consensus among diverse stakeholders.
• Demonstrated experience in at least one area of digital technology, such as digital content management, digital marketing, digital commerce or mobile applications.
• Experience implementing cloud solutions IaaS, PaaS and SaaS
• Experience working on integration technologies and a good understanding of API design patterns and frameworks, micro services, API gateways, API security etc.
• Possess a strong technical and functional experience in Retail and Enterprise applications, such as Oracle Retail, Oracle EBS, SAP Retail, warehouse management, order management etc .
• Working knowledge of at least one of the following database technologies: Oracle, MYSQL etc.
• Knows at least one of the following programming/scripting languages and technologies: C, C#, Java, PLSQL, Perl, Python, PHP, HTML, Java Script etc.
Linguistic Skills: English required
We can offer you:
• The opportunity to be the backbone of the leading partner for luxury across the Middle East and drive the Chalhoub Group to new heights
• The chance to live and work in a dynamic regional retail hub.
• Staff discounts at all participating Chalhoub partner brands.
• Onsite Canteen and Gym
Industry Type :
Functional Area :