Responsible for structuring, managing and negotiating contracts including Dispute Resolution ensuring that the contractual and governmental rules and regulations are observed and met.
Essential Responsibilities and Duties
1Cordinates with concerned departments, prepares, issues, and manages bid tendering process including development of specifications, ensures effective communications between parties, ensures legal requirements are met, assists with determining contract completion dates, ensures that documents are prepared and correct, and analyzes bid from a technical and cost perspective.
2. Structures and prepares contracts. Participates in bid evaluation and review of contract proposals, implementation, and contract acceptance. Recommends contract changes. Ensures implementation of changes in accordance with terms and conditions. Evaluates contractors' performance and coordinates review of contractors' performance with concerned departments.
3. Reviews contract problems and disputes and makes recommendations for problem and dispute resolution through the Director. Recommends approval or payments to contractors when contract obligations are met.
4. Performs site inspections and acceptance of projects in conjunction with concerned departments. Ensures preparation of legal documentation required.
5. Participates with budgeting personnel in discussions with Ministry of Finance regarding budget requests. Prepares and presents financial information requested for budget preparation. Monitors contracts funding requirements.
6. Coordinates and liaises with Legal Affairs Department in court cases brought by the Hospital or against the Hospital regarding contract obligations or requirements.
7. Responsible for following up on all bank guarantees and bonds with concerned parties.
8. Maintains documentation regarding governmental regulations, revised instructions of governmental agencies, or Hospital regulations regarding contracts.
9. Develops, maintains and keeps current all contract documentation and all related policies and processes in a concise, organized manner.
10. Performs day-to-day contract administration duties such as facilitating and negotiating modifications, leading the identification and resolution of any actual or potential contract and/or risk issues.
11. Works closely with concerned departments within the hospital to develop internal policies and procedures for the acquisition of hospital services, supplies, equipment and projects from different vendors, suppliers and I or contractors.
12. Participates in self and others' education, training and development , as applicable
13. Follows all hospital related policies and procedures.
14. Performs any other related duties as assigned.
Master's or Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration, Accountancy, Law, or related discipline is required.
Five (5) years of related experience with a Master's Degree, or seven (7) years of related experience with Bachelor's degree is required.