The Railway industry today is characterized by both a strong and sustained growth across the world. The trends that drive this are well known: environmental challenges, population growth, urbanization and increasing demands for mobility.
With 6B€ of Sales and around 30,000 employees based in over 60 countries, Alstom develop & market the most complete range of systems, equipment and services offered today in the railway sector. Today we offer our customers solutions that feature a seamless blend of diverse technologies, ensuring optimal interfaces, along with flexible implementation and real synergy in innovation.
Purpose of the Job:
Support the Testing & Commissioning Manager (T&C Manager and his deputy) in his role and activities to develop and co-ordinate the necessary resources, skills, processes, methods and tools for the implementation of the Systems Testing & Commissioning activities.
The T&C engineer will be particularly in charge to:
• Develop the test procedures, including the client validation process
• Organize and plane of all the tests within his scope (prerequisites, EHS ,tools , work permit, authorisations etc)
• Perform the tests.
• Troubleshooting and punch-list follow-up
• Provide test report and perform requirement coverage activity.
• Participation to other tests as support to other sub-system and system T&C engineer when needed.
• Perform the coordination of sub-system Test
All the activities shall be performed in compliance with ALSTOM safety requirement without any derogation
The temporary operation and EHS procedure shall be respected
In all its activity, the T&C engineer shall ensure his safety and the safety of his team: all activity which generates risk of unsafe situation shall be immediately stopped and reported: including the activities where his is not directly involved.
The T&C engineer shall Ensure and that:
• The TSY Testing and Commissioning strategy, plans and procedures are implemented in his activity
• The testing and commissioning activities undertaken are in accordance with relevant standards and regulations
TSY is represented to the Employer, Employers Representative, ICP/ISA, and key project
• Stakeholders, including the provision of reports, technical presentations and assurance relating to testing and commissioning.
All this requirement shall be covered during onshore (and offshore) activities
As a specialist in his perimeter, a full support and training shall be provided of the new incomers onsite.
• Produces specific test plans for a part of Systems activities under its responsibility.
• Plan and coordinate the site ( and test track if applicable) tests of the participating Units
• Coordinate the necessary means for the realisation of the systems tests, being understood that each participating Unit (either Alstom or partner) provides the staff and test tools for their own equipment.
• Participate and organize when it is requested to the readiness reviews of the participating units, which are a mandatory preliminary to the systems tests; follow-up the corrective actions mandatory before the systems tests start.
• Create and manage action plans corresponding to malfunctioning of the system, aiming to reach the contractual performances targets
• Manages the system configuration during the successive tests phases (off-shore test track, site ) related to his scope
• Maintain and develop his own level of expertise
• Support within team the line System T&C Manager project
Implement the processes, methods and tools corresponding to his activities
Why Work for Us? At Alstom we offer you the opportunity to unleash your potential and reinvent yourself. As a future employee, you will have a unique opportunity to drive our organization forward, while continuing to build your career and contribute to the expanding growth of the global railway industry.
More about Alstom www.alstom.com
Job Type: Expatriate