Posted Date: Jun 07, 2018
Expiry Date: 2018/08/06
Senior Systems Analyst
Purpose and Scope
Responsible for analysis, design, configuration, and support of Burgan s processes and system solutions that improve business efficiency and productivity as well as support business strategies and goals. Identifies and communicates business needs and translate business requirements into technical system requirements and functional specifications.
• Conducts detailed investigation and documentation of user requirements. Carry through the agreed and
scheduled development reference to the banks SDLC.
• Reviews system capabilities, workflow and scheduling limitations to determine if requested system or system
changes are possible to implement within the current environment. Prepare cost and time estimation for
• Prepares workflow charts and software requirement specifications to present a detailed overview of the
operations performed by the suggested system.
• Prepares specifications, flow charts, and process diagrams to improve computer programmers performance.
• Maintains and follows up the newly implemented or upgraded system in order to take corrective measures as
and when required.
• Performs system analysis, design, and configuration and provides technical guidance on the business impact
• Analyzes user s systems to determine strengths and weaknesses and provide system improvements/
• Ensures completeness of technical requirements and functional architecture analysis for the design and
implementation of system business solutions identifies gaps or issues.
Senior Systems Analyst Page 2 of 4 Information Technology
• Develops, writes, and communicates systems design, functional system specifications and functional
• Develops solution by preparing and evaluating alternative workflow solutions, Makes recommendations for
modifications or technical solution to increase effectiveness and efficiency
• Translates business requirements into technical requirements, formulates and defines system scope and
objective based on user needs and understanding of business processes.
• Participate in creation of and may develop cost estimates for the planning of new systems/ enhancements for
• Participates in business short-term and long-term planning sessions to ensure understanding of business
goals, direction and business requirements.
• Investigates system issues and identify root cause and/or report the same to the vendor for resolution.
• Implements vendor releases/patches on test system and verify results before handing over the change to
business users for User Acceptance Testing.
• Prepares Business Requirements Documents and coordinates with respective vendors to implement the same
• Participate in migration of current systems to upgraded or new systems
• Generates and escalates periodic progress reports ensuring accuracy and timely delivery.
• Participates in the various cross-functional committees/teams for multiple purposes in order to achieve
optimal cooperation with the user community and to ensure high service quality.
• Maintains updated knowledge of rules, regulations and standards in the field and related matters of interest to
• Performs other duties in line with scope of work and as instructed by the direct manager
Manager- Development Payment Systems, Manager- Web Based
Development, Manager - Development Retail, Manager- Development
Freedom to Act GENERALLY REGULATED: Operating within practices and procedures covered by precedents or well defined policies and review of end results. (Latitude for discretion within established precedents/defined policies); supervisory review.
Nature of Impact Non-quantifiable.
Area of Impact Advisory/diagnostic.
Physical Exertion - None
Working Environment - Normal
Working Hours - Normal and outside working hours as required by the job
Educational Degree - Bachelor of Science preferably in Computer Science, Information Systems or a related field.
Computer Skills - Microsoft Office,SQL, Oracle, Sequel, Visual Basic, C++ and Java, Web-based technologies.
Language Skills - English , Arabic (Preferable) , Other Languages
Core & Functional Competencies
1. Continuous Improvement - Minimum Rating 3
2. Communication - Minimum Rating 3
3. Service Orientation - Minimum Rating 3
4. Initiative - Minimum Rating 3
5. Work Standards - Minimum Rating 3
6. Innovation - Minimum Rating 3
7. Planning & Organizing - Minimum Rating 3
8. Quality Orientation - Minimum Rating 3
9. Information Monitoring - Minimum Rating 3
10. Technical & Professional Knowledge - Minimum Rating 3
Minimum Years of Related Experience. 6
Requires 5 years of relevant technical work experience, strong analytical, technical,interpersonal and communication skills with knowledge of business operations,systems requirements, and IT processes and technologies.
Industry Type :
Banking / Financial Services / Broking
Functional Area :