Founded in 1953, Ross & Baruzzini has been consistently ranked as one of the premier consulting engineering companies in the world, most recently ranked among the Top 500 design and construction firms in Engineering News-Record and in Building Design & Construction's Top 40 engineering companies in the United States. Global organizations have retained Ross & Baruzzini, along with divisions Macro, DVS, Mitchell Planning, and CAGE to meet the challenges facing critical industries including Government and Public Infrastructure, Healthcare, Higher Education + Research, Transit and Rail Transportation, Highways, Bridges and Tunnels, Airports, Public Safety Agencies and Mission Critical facilities. Ross & Baruzzini employs a comprehensive staff of 300+ engineers, T/communications specialists, security consultants, medical equipment planners, intelligent transportation engineers, construction administrators and support personnel.
We offer a competitive pay and benefits package and have been voted a Best Place to Work for 2016 and 2017 by our employees.
Title: Senior Systems Engineer
Market: International Markets
Location: Dubai, UAE
Roles and Responsibilities :
Reporting to the Market Leader or designated Principal Consultant, this position is responsible for construction management related to various ongoing projects at Dubai International Airport (DXB), specifically technical reviews and inspections of Airport Systems, Telecommunication Systems, and/or Security Systems as they relate to overall facility improvements. Other work may include high-level (concept) design of IT/Security systems, development of functional / system requirements, engineering calculations, system specifications, design drawings, and commissioning / testing plan reviews in a timely and cost effective manner that meet client, contractual, and company requirements.
• Bachelor's degree in engineering or related field
• Professional Engineer (PE) License and/or Registered Communications Distribution Designer (RCDD ) Certification preferred
• Minimum five (10) years of direct design experience in aviation markets, preferably construction
• Computer Programs: AutoCAD 2012+, Bluebeam, Microsoft Project, standard Microsoft Office Suite programs
• Developed verbal/written communication skills and ability to comfortably interact with people from all kinds of backgrounds
• Detailed knowledge of various IT systems and technologies which may include some or all of the following:
• Detailed knowledge of telecommunication infrastructure design including pathways, media and distribution facilities such as fiber optic systems and copper distribution infrastructure, and telecommunication room fit-out.
• General knowledge of building electrical and mechanical systems
• General knowledge of methods and procedures for developing performance based system specifications per standard industry formats (CSI Master Format, AIA MasterSpec)
• General knowledge of methods and procedures for developing construction documents
• General knowledge of the consulting engineering profession
• Wireless / Radio Systems
• Telecommunications Systems
• Public Address
• Data Networks
• Airport Systems (Common Use, Flight Information Displays, Visual Guidance Docking Systems, other)
• Security Systems (Access Control, Visual Surveillance, other)
This description reflects the core activities of the position but is not intended to be all-inclusive and other duties within the group/department may be required in addition to changes in the emphasis of duties as required from time to time. There is a requirement for the position holder to recognize this and adopt a flexible approach to work.
R&B is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Industry Type :
Engineering Design & Consulting
Functional Area :