Join a global network that understands what businesses need to have access, visibility and control. Our market-leading approach combines extensive local compliance and accounting experience with a standard global compliance process and web-based tools to help you execute your job.
As part of a team of more than 300 tax professionals in 16 countries across 21 offices, you will have a unique opportunity to experience a true hands-on accounting, compliance and reporting activity across the Middle East and North Africa (MENA) region
You will have the opportunity to provide clients an integrated, consistent, quality service that unlocks the potential of the compliance function, with tax compliance, statutory accounts preparation and tax accounting calculation support.
You will be able to develop your career through a broad scope of engagements, mentoring and formal learning. That s how we develop outstanding leaders who team to deliver on our promises to all of our stakeholders, and in so doing, play a critical role in building a better working world for our people, for our clients and for our communities. Sound interesting? This is just the beginning, because your professional development is important to us and we are fully committed to helping you realize your potential.
Your key responsibilities
You ll spend your time supporting client engagements by coordinating with clients and internal team members, managing deadlines, and tracking engagement economics. You ll also be tasked with identifying and resolving technical issues, as well as sharing insights that will improve our processes and overall efficiency. Also you will be required to:
• To assist VP Finance, Client; in preparing reports for different finance initiate projects
• Assist in driving key finance initiative projects
• Assist in analyze, design and support in rolling-out key finance processes and systems as well as support and enhance the existing architecture
• Establish formal and informal communication lines to allow prompt identification and resolution of problems that impede achievement of strategic direction
• Analyze and provide relevant comments to VP Finance, Client
Skills and attributes for success
You will be responsible for ensuring integrity of financial statements for Local GAAPs accounting and reporting, performing analysis of legal entity results; preparing general ledger (G/L) account reconciliations and legal entity administration, maintaining accounting records under local GAAPs and preparing financial statements based on country requirements.
You will be maintaining effective procedures of risk identification. Ensure appropriate risk mitigation and remediation of control gaps, supporting engagement with Internal Control &Compliance team to educate the country team on compliance matters and ensure a culture of compliance and ensuring adherence to accounting policies and schedules.
To qualify for the role you must have
• A degree in finance, tax or accounting; holding or pursuing CPA, ACCA or similar certification.
• 4-5 years of relevant experience
• Good verbal/written communication skills
• Strong organizational, project management and analytical skills.
• Strong drive to excel professionally, and to guide and motivate others
• Coordination and prioritization, resourceful
• Independent in managing own workload, ability to work under pressure and to keep things moving and to juggle multiple tasks
• Excellent team player
What we look for
Highly motivated individuals with excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to prioritize shifting workloads in a rapidly changing industry. An effective communicator, you ll be a confident team player that collaborates with people from various teams while looking to develop your career in a dynamic organization.
What working at EY offers
EY offers a competitive remuneration package where you ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. We are committed to being an inclusive employer and are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. Plus, we offer:
• Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
• Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
• The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that s right for you