JOB DESCRIPTION Job Title: Senior Technical Writer Department: TSD Business Support
Reports To Sr. Manager TSD Business Support
Location Doha PRIMARY PURPOSE To develop, update and recommend improvements to all Technical Services Upstream business process and technical documentation to ensure accuracy, consistency, standardisation and quality of the contents and correct formatting in accordance with company policies and industrial best practices.
• Writes, peer reviews, edits and updates information pertinent to all business process related policies, procedures and technical documentation in line with approved company policies and forward to superiors for approval.
• Collaborate with all relevant personnel within Technical Services to collate information relevant to drafting /updating technical procedures, reports, specifications in line with the business requirements, regulatory standards and industry best practices.
• Edit, standardize in line with the templates, or make changes to material prepared by subject matter experts or discipline in charge
• Review published documentation and recommend revisions or changes in scope, format, and content.
• Recommends improvements and changes in the language use, expression, layout and contents of pertinent documentation in order to maximize comprehension of end-users and deliver high quality user-friendly and purposeful documentation.
• Complies with all Company Health, Safety, Environmental and Security policies and procedures. Conducts all activities in a safe and environmentally responsible manner, if in doubt consults Supervisor/ Manager before proceeding.
• Performs other similar or related duties as assigned by TS Business Support Manager
• TS Business Support Manager: Receive instructions and seek approval on recommended changes to procedures, technical documentation and templates.
• Engineers, Senior Engineers, Planning Engineers: Exchange information, clarify issues, coordinate, provide support
• Document Officer : Internal Exchange information Daily
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
Educational Requirements / Qualifications:
• A minimum of a bachelor's degree in technical writing, English literature or related field from a recognized institution/university
• Broad knowledge in Oil and Gas industry
• 5 years' relevant work experience as technical writer in business process and technical documentation environment.
• Experience in plant operations including oil and gas plants would be preferable.
• Skilled in developing, reviewing technical documentation, procedures and business process
• Excellent writing and communication skill in English language.
• Computer literate and strong command on Microsoft Office 2007 (Word, Excel, Visio) to produce
• documentation in a variety of formats.
• Effective communication and interpersonal skills.
• Planning and organizing skills.