1. Bachelor s Degree in Civil / Engineering or equivalent from an accredited University
with Professional Qualifications from a recognized International Institution and with a
professional career development records all as approved by the Engineer.
2. Chartered or Professional Engineer from an accredited institution is preferred with additional Membership of an accredited, recognized Project Management Institution is a distinct advantage.
3. Demonstrable successful experience in highways & utilities design & construction, work zones traffic management, ITS and allied fields are required.
1. Minimum 15 years demonstrable experience, of which 7 years in a managerial or technical lead capacity of similar traffic engineering, road design, utilities design & build projects or equivalent.
2. Liaison with stake holders, internal and external department, organization, utilities and with external consultant and contractors etc. Ability to coordinate, corporate and
communicate with other construction projects in the vicinity of the works
3. Identify priority areas and propose schemes with utilities designers and stakeholders
approval to enhance nationwide traffic operation and management during project construction.
4. Responsible for planning, management and scheduling for construction, road closure, review of traffic diversion plan and traffic diversion on site with construction supervising teams and contractors.
5. Prepare in-house and reviewing and checking traffic study reports and impact analysis reports prepared by contractors and consultants for various road and construction sites.
6. Full awareness with the road layout , junctions in Qatar and ability to review Road
design works including reinstatement and construction method of statement.
7. Work closely with related teams and develop traffic congestion management plans by
providing data and technical support as needed.
8. Work closely and coordinate with external and internal stakeholders the preparation
of traffic analysis, plans, diversion and interface with other projects.
9. Review and inspect work zones traffic management to ensure that works are carried
out in a safe manner. Inspections of the traffic diversions and prescribed in the contract
documents and approving authorities.
10. Review the contractor s Traffic Management plans and method statements and
monitor compliance with Qatar law and procedures.
11. Aware about the Road Opening (RO) requirements and obtain RO permits prior
12. Check the overall Traffic management plan to support the project schedule
considering the utilities diversion and construction sequence without abortive work.
13. Make sure the proposed TTM will help the main objective of the project with less
interruption to the local traffic and obtain MOI acceptance prior implementation for every stage.
14. Work with planning and construction teams of the project to make sure the project will be completed as scheduled.
15. Work with technical & Construction teams to avoid clashes and find acceptable technical solutions for unforeseen constraints.
16. Understand the principle of drainage items and related details including surface
water drainage, foul sewer and surface & ground water networks.
17. Get involved with the planning team in sequencing the activities and the project deliverables based on experience from previous projects to assess the project team in finalizing the project plan until completion.
18. Awareness of Traffic design works including traffic signals.
19. Review the road geometric design including street lighting, directional signs, signing & marking.
1. Must be fluent in English both written and spoken with an excellent capability in written technical skills as well as oral and written communication skills;
2. Proactive acumen and an ability to manage multiple work areas on site are essential.