• Are skilled in modern application programming languages, such as Java, Net, AJAX, PHP, XHTML and Ruby.
• Use Adobe Creative Suite programs, e.g., Photoshop, Illustrator, Flash and Flex to mockup UI elements.
• Use responsive web design to create applications that automatically conform to multiple screen sizes/devices.
• Conduct usability testing to identify and fix UI issues, and gather real-world intelligence from target users.
• Use social network APIs (from Facebook, Twitter, Google , LinkedIn, Pinterest, etc.) to integrate social actions.
• Collaborate with business and IT decision makers to discuss user interface requirements and brainstorm UI ideas.
• Use visual aids such as wireframes, storyboards and UI flow charts, to plan and present user interface designs.
• Are familiar with popular content management systems (CMS), e.g., WordPress, Joomla! Magneto.
• Wield their knowledge of Search Engine Optimization (SEO) to develop search-friendly websites and interfaces.
• Keep current with the latest trends and best practices of UI/UX design and HCI (human-computer interaction).
• UI development managers need superior soft skills in areas like verbal/written communication, team leadership and project management, to effectively communicate with business decision-makers and subordinates.
Desired Candidate Profile
Proven UI experience
• Demonstrable UI design skills with a strong portfolio
• Solid experience in creating wireframes, storyboards, user flows, process flows and sitemaps
• Proficiency in Photoshop, Illustrator or other visual design and wire-framing tools
• Excellent visual design skills with sensitivity to user-system interaction
• Ability to present your designs and sell your solutions to various stakeholders.
• Ability to solve problems creatively and effectively
• Up-to-date with the latest UI trends, techniques, and technologies
• BS/MS in Human-Computer Interaction, Interaction Design, or related.
• Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process.
Developer Education Requirements
• UI development employers typically require candidates to have at least a bachelor s degree, with a major in Computer Science, Web Development, Human-Computer Interaction, Mobile Computing, Graphic Design, Software Engineering or a related field of study. As in most creative, project-driven roles, a strong portfolio of your best work will play a key role in UI developer hiring and upward mobility.
• Minimum of 3 years in software development industry preferably 1 year in seniority level.