UW - Underwriting
Estimated Travel Percentage (%): Up to 50%
Relocation Provided: No
AIG MEA Limited
Principle Duties and Responsibilities
• Underwrite business within underwriting authority through a rigorous risk assessment process which includes consideration of loss control, claims history and all other appropriate risk management factors.
• Risk logging, worksheets and rater tool application.
• Provide technical underwriting guidance to junior underwriters as directed by Profit Centre Manager.
• Ensure adherence with all underwriting guidelines, ART and referrals.
• Perform and interpret financial analysis of companies and their on-going performance.
• Manage allocated portfolio accounts to achieve and/or maintain profitable and sustainable growth, constantly assessing overall performance of the portfolio and make recommendations for adjustments to the Profit Centre Manager as needed.
• Provide accurate estimates and reports as required.
• Cooperate with Sales & Marketing for the development of market relationships leading to an increased level of new business and high retention ratios.
• Assist with the refinement of product offering for certain client segments.
Business Development and Retention
• Keep abreast of market changes and trends.
• Proactively engage with distribution to provide technical support for Branch business development initiatives.
• Seek opportunities to improve synergies and participate in cross-sell initiatives with other Profit Centres.
• Develop and maintain strong personal and professional relationships with Clients and Brokers.
• Represent AIG in a general and Financial Lines capacity where appropriate.
• Adhere to internal SLA s to ensure operational efficiency and achievement of agreed customer service standards.
Audit and Compliance
• Ensure adherence to audit requirements within own files.
• Ensure adherence to regulatory and compliance requirements within own files.
• Manage all expenses within budget. Continuously work to reduce the expense ratio through constant attention to efficiencies and opportunities to maximize productivity through streamlining of processes.
• 3/4 years FL underwriting.
• FI (general) and/or D&O (MLC/MLF) core experience desired.
AIG Core Competencies:
• Dealing with ambiguity.
• Customer focus.
• Drive for results.
• Presentation skills.
• Innovation management.
• Business acumen.
• Problem solving.
• Risk analysis and pricing.
• Analysis and interpret financial ratios.
• Policies for regulations.
• Portfolio management.
• Graduate level degree in business, law, economics or insurance.
• Insurance qualification DipCII or higher/equivalent.
It has been and will continue to be the policy of American International Group, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories.
At AIG, we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our future and our mission creating a foundation for a creative workplace that leads to innovation, growth, and profitability. Through a wide variety of programs and initiatives, we invest in each employee, seeking to ensure that our people are not only respected as individuals, but also truly valued for their unique perspectives.