Raytheon Intelligence & Information Services Global Cyber Solutions organization is seeking an experienced SENIOR WIRELESS ENGINEER in ARCENT Theater to support the ARCENT mission in KUWAIT . This person will be providing support for the administration of Microsoft (MS) Server-based systems to include, but not limited to: communications applications, IA server and client software systems, electronic mail, printing services, software license administration, file sharing and storage services, backup services, and other related systems. This person will work in concert with network engineering and infrastructure technical support activities to correct issues with ISs at multiple locations within the CENTCOM AOR.
• Provide subject matter expertise in the design, planning, assessment, and implementation of wireless network architecture in a military network environment.
• Devise, plan, deploy, and improve wireless networks from the beginning to implementation by collaborating with vendors, military managers, and network engineers.
• Undertakes responsibility and provides recommendations for network architecture design and implementation of network engineering projects in wireless and mobility technology.
• Understand client requirements to be able to cater to their appropriate needs.
• Leverage Commercial Solutions for Classified (CSfC) subject matter expertise to perform technical research, program management systems engineering, integration of classified technologies, and business development.
• Develop and execute CSfC strategies and related architectures for DoD clients.
• Defines and assists with executing Proof of Concept, Proof of Technology, and Pilot activities in support of rationalizing and betting technologies that provide value to the Government.
• Coordinates wireless and mobility technology activities with business and IT stakeholders.
• Identifies and provides recommendations for opportunities to engage in co-innovation with strategic vendors and partners in the interest of evolving the domain of wireless technology.
• Role requires extensive interaction with individuals of all levels across the Enterprise.
• Maintains compatibility and functionality within an Aruba/Cisco mixed campus wireless solution.
• Specifies migration path toward Aruba wireless architecture while maintaining both Cisco and Aruba solutions.
• Assists with designing and deploying next generation wireless functionality with ClearPass Policy Manager platform for authentication, bring your own device (BYOD) onboarding, and security roles in conjunction with controller firewall security enforcement.
• Provides support in the integration of WLAN with Mobile Device Management platform.
• Integrates AD and Campus RADIUS for multiple user database authentication.
• Possesses an understanding of PKI for 802.1X authentication.
• Must possess the ability to use tools such as wireless packet captures, AirMagnet WiFi Analyzer, AirMagnet Spectrum Analyzer, and AirWave to aid in the troubleshooting process and problem resolution efforts
• Assists with designing and implementing secure wireless configurations for new wireless platforms and medical devices introduced into the Enterprise that comply with Health Information Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) and Office of Compliance Privacy and Security requirements.
• Candidate will need to interface with multiple customers, many of whom will be mid to high level US military leaders.
• Will lead, coordinate and participate in key process improvements as they relate to the network infrastructure environment.
• Will oversee planning and implementation of device upgrades, maintenance fixes, and vendor-supplied patches.
• Position may be required to coach and mentor other team members and create internal training material.
• Must be a Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP) Wireless or possess equivalent experience.
• Must have a Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) Routing and Switching or Aruba Certified Mobility Associate.
• Must have a solid understanding of and be able to support the installation and maintenance of Cisco and other well-known wireless vendor like Aruba, Extreme, Ruckus, Avaya, etc. devices.
• Have the ability to design, test and implement network configurations to support the global IP/VoIP network.
• Must possess excellent problem-solving skills to be able to analyze and troubleshoot wireless and network related outages and swiftly remediate.
• Must be able to monitor networks, review network performance reports and define action plans for improvements using CA Spectrum, Solarwinds and other customer provided network management tools.
• Ability to create network documentation on Microsoft Visio, such as physical and logical diagrams of the network infrastructure as well as detailed device spreadsheets.
• Follow configuration management procedures and documents any modifications to the network.
• Must be able to recommend modifications to the network environment in order to improve efficiency, reliability, and performance.
• Must meet overseas medical deployment qualifications.
• Must possess the willingness to travel with the military to locations throughout Southwest Asia, as required, to support the military customer at their location(s) via military air/land convoy.
• Ability to lift and carry 50 lbs.
• Willing to travel to overseas locations for a 1 year unaccompanied deployment.
• DoD 8570 IAT Level 2 Compliance GIAC, CASP, CISSP
• Ability to maintain high quality work to manage multiple critical projects.
• Ability to perform and participate in a team oriented environment.
• Ability to communicate effectively with a diverse group of users.
• Excellent customer service skills and demeanor.
• BS in any Engineering field, Computer Science or Mathematics with 8 years of relevant experience, or equivalent experience. 5 years of relevant professional experience may be substituted for a BS degree.
• Secret with eligibility to obtain a Top Secret clearance with SSBI.
• REQUIRES US CITIZENSHIP
• Familiarization with all well-known Wireless Technology vendors.
• Experience with Cisco Datacenter and Flexpod technologies.
• Experience with VMware datacenter technologies.
This position is contingent on contract award and also requires a U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization.