Responsible for inspection of damage vehicles and how much it would cost, how long the repairs would take to complete and how much revenue the repairs should generate. The estimator takes into account factors such as labor costs, material costs, equipment rental, manufacturing locations, facility costs and required permits and licensing. He works closely with the workshop supervisor to make sure the repairs meets all financial and regulatory guidelines.
KEY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Inspects and tests vehicles to determine the need for and cost of repairs. Determines the needs for repairs by road tests, by questioning customers about vehicle’s performance or by visual inspection of vehicle.
• Estimates cost repair and prepares itemized work order, listing costs of parts and labours. These identify labour, material and time requirements by studying proposal, specifications and related documents.
• Resolve discrepancies by collecting and analyzing information based on estimate costs. This is by presenting prepared estimates by assembling and displaying numerical and descriptive information.
• Deals with auto insurance companies and carry out frequent visits to fleet customers/insurance companies to market services.
• Make sure that proper vehicle documents including insurance and UAE official documents are complete before accepting any vehicle accident job.
• Maintain costs database by entering and backing up data.
• Maintain technical knowledge by attending technical workshops, reviewing technical publications.
• Visit potential customers for new business
• Provide customers with quotations approved from Line Manager
• Gather market and customer information and provide feedback to Line Manager
• Represent Bright Spark at servicing events, exhibitions and demonstrations
• Identify new markets and business opportunities
• Record sales and create monthly reports and send to Line Manager
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, COMPETENCIES
Educational Qualification: Bachelor’s degree/Diploma ( 4 yrs) , preferably on an Automotive or Mechanical field
Additional Qualification: Knowledge with vehicle estimation
Years of Experience: 5 years’ experience in the same capacity
Job specific skills: Analysing information, Estimating, Planning, Reporting Research Results, Data Centre Experience, Strategic Planning, Attention to details, informing others, Requirement Analysis, Sales Techniques
Should be able to communicate in Arabic and English
Key competencies: Self-motivated, enthusiastic and energetic, good customer service, sales and communication skills and be confident with excellent personal presentation.