Do you see yourself as a Shift Engineer?
What's your passion? Whether you're into tennis, diving or karaoke, at IHG we're interested in you. We love people who apply the same amount of passion and precision to their jobs as they do to their hobbies.nbspImagine working for a company that gives you Room to be yourself.nbspOur commitment to our people is to deliver room to have a great start, to learn and grow, to perform, to be recognized and rewarded, to be involved and to take the initiative and lead.nbsp
The InterContinental Hotels Group (IHG ) properties in Dubai Festival City consist of four hotel brands. These include the luxury brand InterContinental, the superior upscale Crowne Plaza, the lavish long-stay InterContinental Residence Suites and the vibrant mid-scale Holiday Inn. In addition to over 1000 bedrooms, the four properties boast a selection of high quality restaurants and bars, an impressive 3,800 square meter Event Centre across two levels, the 5,000 square meters Festival Arena by InterContinental, the luxurious Spa InterContinental, state-of-the-art gymnasium and swimming pool facilities.nbsp
We are looking for confident, sophisticated and internationally-minded people to join over 1200 colleagues who are committed to maintaining the highest standards of luxury, quality and service which define our company. We value the passion and enthusiasm of our colleagues, and encourage you to share your passion when you work with us.
At the moment we're looking for a Shift Engineer to join our energetic, enthusiastic and passionate team at Crowne Plaza Dubai Festival City.
The key responsibilities are:
• Maintain the hotel in your qualified trade to the desired standard
• Shift inspection and rectification
• Complete work orders as requested by the Chief Engineer to meet customer requirements
• Initiate/identify project work required throughout the hotel
• Implement and action the preventative maintenance program
• Demonstrate flexibility in changing the work schedule in light of guest priorities
• General building minor maintenance repairs
• Ensure pool chemical level is in accordance with legislative requirements, is vacuumed and surrounding area maintained to standards established
• Ensure plant rooms are checked and cleaned and are in operating order
• Carry pager and respond to requests from departments regarding minor maintenance issues throughout the day
• Conduct lighting checks to ensure all globes are in working order
• Investigate reported faults for laundry and kitchen equipment
• Carry out any minor repairs to guest rooms or public areas
• Liaise directly with departments regarding the completion of work orders and prioritise in order of guest satisfaction
Ideally, you'll have some or allnbspof the following qualifications and experience we're looking for:
• At least 1 year previous experience in a similar role in a 4*-5* property
• Good communication skills
• Good command of English
In return we'll give you a competitive financial and benefits package including accommodation, free meals on duty, hotel discounts worldwide and the chance to work with a great team of people. Most importantly, we'll give you the room to be yourself.
At IHG we are committed to developing our team and managing our talent and would encourage internal as well as external candidates to apply for any of our vacancies.
So what's your passion? Please apply on-line and tell us how you can bring your individual skills to IHG .
To find out more about us or any other jobs with IHG please look atnbspwww.ihg.com/careers.