Four Seasons can offer what many hospitality professionals dream of a chance to define a life-long career with global potential and a real sense of pride in work well done.
In line with our plans for future growth, we have faith in our staff levels in keeping with our exceptional staff-to-guest ratios. We believe that attitude counts as much as skill. As a result, Four Seasons hires motivated people who we train to perform superbly, while we craft an environment where they can flourish.
Ultimately, our culture breeds success, and rewards it in many different ways.
Four Seasons Hotel Cairo at Nile Plaza dedicates to perfecting the travel experience through continual innovation and the highest standards of hospitality. From elegant surroundings of the finest quality, to caring, highly personalized 24-hour service, Four Seasons embodies a true home away from home for those who know and appreciate the best. The deeply instilled Four Seasons culture personifies by its employees - people who share a single focus and encourage to offer phenomenal service.
We seek the creative talents that are well-mannered, visionary, and passionate and having a deep understanding of the hospitality concept.
We are currently looking for a Shift Engineer:
• Implement the 10/5 Rule at all times during work hours.
• The ability to follow proper payroll and uniform procedures.
• The ability to provide and supervise service and repairs as outlined in the Technical Skills List, depending on grade level, for electrical, plumbing, steam, gas, fire & safety, HVAC, refrigeration, interior, paint and decorating problems.
• The ability to lubricate and supervise machinery operation on a regular basis.
• The ability to provide machinist work to all equipment such as replacing and repairing bearings, gears, belts, shafts, control mechanism, etc.
• The ability to conduct oneself in a professional manner at all times to reflect the high standards of Four Seasons Hotels.
• The ability to ensure a clean, neat and organized work area. The ability to maintain a good working relationship with other employees.
• The ability to handle and report any accident immediately, no matter how minor. The ability to respond properly in any hotel emergency or safety situation.
• The ability to perform and supervise other tasks or projects as assigned by hotel management and staff.
• The ability to maintain and re-lamp all lamps in the hotel, including socket repair and replacement.
• The ability to install electrical wiring for renovations, electrical outlet additions, motors and associated equipment.
• The ability to provide and supervise preventive maintenance of all electrical/mechanical/plumbing equipment and updating of appropriate logs.
• The ability to clean all stations in Engineering and maintain a neat and organized department.
• The ability to adjust and clean televisions.
• The ability to respond to all guest complaints regarding the maintenance of their room or public areas in a timely manner.
• The ability to perform and supervise preventive maintenance in guestrooms and public areas.
• The ability to assist and manage all plumbing stoppages in the building.
• The ability to repair an assortment of items brought to the shop by other departments.
• The ability to clean grease traps, filters and drains as necessary.
• The ability to assemble desks, shelving, cabinets, etc. as assigned.
• The ability to perform major utility shut downs for repairs.
• The ability to assist guests with special requests such as opening luggage when keys are lost.
• The ability to maintain logs for all operating equipment and work performed while on duty.
• The ability to install or relocate any addition or existing equipment when necessary.
• The ability to treat urinals with de-liming solution.
• The ability to take meter readings, record temperatures and pressures in heating and cooling plant.
• The ability to check all mechanical rooms.
• The ability to clean gas burners and charcoal burners.
• The ability to clean fixtures and shades.
• The ability to unplug toilets and change out valves and valve seats.
• The ability to respond to work orders or room inspection reports submitted by Department Heads.
• The ability to respond to all emergency conditions such as fires, power failures, etc.
• The ability to maintain a good working relationship with other employees, providing instruction and encouragement as needed.
• The ability to ensure a clean, neat and organized work area.
• The ability to handle and report any accident immediately, no matter how minor.
• The ability to respond properly in any hotel emergency or safety situation.
• The ability to reporting any damages observed within the Resort area, whether it be guestroom, public areas or any employee housing units through the Engineering reporting systems in place.
• Reporting to be done within one hour of discovery. The ability to perform other tasks or projects as assigned by hotel management and staff.
Since Fortune Magazine named Four Seasons Corporate in 1998 as one of the 100 best companies to work in. Having trouble searching for meaningful benefits? We would like to offer our employees competitive benefits:
• Career advancement opportunities
• Strong culture
• Best-in-industry training
• Luxury environment in magnificent locations worldwide
• Competitive salaries
• Complimentary stays at FS properties (based on availability), with discounted meals
• Dental and medical/disability/life insurance
• Retirement benefits/pension
• Employee service awards
• Annual employee party/social and sporting events
• Complimentary meals in dedicated employee restaurants
Learn more about what it is like to work at Four Seasons - visit us:
We look forward to receiving your application!