Lead the Lab activities in support of the commissioning and operation of the Polypropylene and Polyethylene plant under Superintendent Laboratory Polymer, through (1) Leading team for Lab testing activity and product quality certification, (2). Ensuring Lab facility, equipment, test method, manpower and test consumables are ready to support plant commissioning and plant performance test run (3) Follow the established sampling schedule and guidelines for optimal utilization of Lab. Equipment, (4) Execute technical training of Lab junior staff, and (5) Represent Lab management during off hours in order to ensure continuous provision of Lab services and commit to related technical requirements for business performance, profitability and optimization.
Shift Team Leader Polymer , will act in accordance with values, strategies, policies, guidelines, technology platform, plans, manuals, processes, procedures, standards, codes, protocols, prudent practices, legal requirements, HSE standards, Omani s regulations, best international practice generally and to the highest ethical standards.
• Lead role in the commissioning of PP/PE Lab designed to handle the testing requirement of Polypropylene and Polyethylene plant
• Provide results and technical interpretation of feed stocks, intermediates and final products analyses to PP/PE unit
• Expedites the analysis of new and critical grades and opportunity samples as required by Operation, Supply Chain Management or Technical Services
• Focal point within PP/PE Lab for any changes in standards, technologies and methodologies
• Approve product quality certificates for Polymer plant
• Organize testing and sampling activities during the shift, ensuring that work is completed to the correct quality standards.
• Develop new polymer grades as per marketing requirements
• Monitor product regulatory and food application acceptance for compliance with customer requirements
• Provide input and organize the optimum sampling and testing schedule
• Identifies and recommend opportunities/ideas or Quick Win impacting favourably on Lab operating expense and reliability of equipment, or resolving unit process issues or improvement in plant operation
• Oversee equipment maintenance and organize troubleshooting and minor repair
• Oversee equipment performance and reliability by standard check
• Custodian lf PP/PE Lab consumables & spare parts and responsible for maintaining the optimum stock
• Provides direction and guidance for maintaining PP/PE Lab database and updating Lab Information Management System (LIMS)
Knowledge Experience & Qualifications:
• Minimum Qualifications for this position is Bachelor of Science in Chemistry with at least 10 years working experience in Polypropylene/Polyethylene plant, with minimum 5 years in supervisory role.
• Knowledgeable with PP and PE technology, raw materials and products, gained through actual experience from a Univation PE plant and Lyondell-Basell PP plant.
• Laboratory Commissioning and Start-up experience in Oil and Gas or Petrochemical plant preferred
• Well versed with official licensor and international standard methodology (ASTM, UOP, IP, IFP, SMS, ISO, APHA, etc
• Skilled and very capable to handle operation and troubleshooting of Polymer analysers, Petroleum analysers
• Knowledge in the use of LIMS (particularly Labware) and SAP applications for data management and equipment breakdown history
• Demonstrate Customer service, Quality management and Time management skill
• Supervisory skill
• Technical writing and presentation skill
Industry Type :
Oil & Gas: Refining, Storage, Marketing, Distribution
Functional Area :