Site Manager is responsible for the coordination and completion of the Construction of 400/132kV substation (including Civil Works, MEP, EM & Testing & Commissioning) with staff, factory supervisors and subcontractors, in accordance with the overall targets (Safety, Quality, Cost and Delivery) defined for the Project and in line with the technical specification of the Contract. He’s also the local point of Contact with the Customer at site.
He ensures compliance to PMH, GRID Quality & EHS Policies and IMS procedures, record and report his relevant Quality Objectives & KPI data.
Responsibilities of Site Manager
• To manage and organise site activities , with respect to the objectives set by management in QCD (quality, costs , delivery)
• To coordinate all site activities (including Civil Works, MEP, EM & Testing) and with other subcontractors at site.
• Prepare ,prior to site activities , the Constructability files for organising and executing site activities , with project manager , design dept, sourcing dept, finance , subcontractors
• To ensure the quality of site activities is according to customer contractual expectation and according to Client quality standards. To manage activities of QA/QC engineer (Quality plan, audits) and to endorse them, including corrective actions. Quality activities include Documents Managements
• To follow-up the budget of site activities, with review on monthly bases, and use of BDR (budget deviation register). To present ideas for savings on site activities .To obtain timely signed progress sheets to be used for invoicing to customer
• To produce the initial time schedule of the site activities with inputs of the Project, including integration of subcontractors time schedule, in line with contractual requirements. To monitor the progress, and the schedule, with the reference of baseline. To anticipate all difficulties/risks to be able to overcome/mitigate them.
• To ensure the safety with regards to country/contracts rules and Minimum EHS standards & Stop Work Policy.
• Manage the activities of HSE Officer (HSE plan , audits ,…) and endorse them , propose improvement actions.
• To ensure through meetings, correspondence and adequate flow-chart that all parties at stake (PM, customer, subcontractors, authorities, factory supervisors, staff,..) that information is fully distributed at the right level , for taking relevant actions .
• To ensure that proper reporting is done regularly to PM and Operations Director
• To ensure that material are properly unloaded and received at site, and stored adequately.
• To obtain timely signed inspection notes from customer used for invoicing.
• To produce damages report , as per procedure , for transport insurance , or EAR , and attend site inspections
Management of site subcontractors/activities
• To monitor closely the progress of subcontractor at site and his preparation actions , together with Project Manager , so that the works stay on the right track , and/or define corrective / contractual actions to come back to a satisfactory situation.
• To prepare claims elements for Project use
• To check that all means (buildings, containers, motor vehicles, tools ,testing materials) used at site are according to local law.
• To check that the testing tools have been properly calibrated.
Industry Type :
Power Generation / Power Distribution / Energy / Nuclear Energy
Functional Area :