Stantec Abu Dhabi a site Mechanical Engineer for a large-scale project in Abu Dhabi.
Key Duties and Tasks:
1. Acting as the main Mechanical Engineer Inspectorate on behalf of the Client on site involving Contractor, subcontractors, crafts people and operatives;
2. Conformance of Technical Information corresponding with Specifications and Shop Drawings (SHD) checking plans, drawings, and quantities for accuracy of calculations;
3. Ensuring that all materials used and work perform as per specifications;
4. Overseeing the selection and requisition of materials and plant
5. Agreeing a price for materials and making cost-effective solutions and proposals for the intended project
6. Managing, monitoring, and interpreting the contract design documents supplied by the client or design disciplines;
7. Liaising with consultants, subcontractors, supervisors, planners, quantity surveyors and the general workforce involved in the project
8. Liaising with the local authority / Municipality / Civil Defense (where appropriate to the project) to ensure compliance with local construction regulations and by-laws;
9. Communicating with clients and their representatives including attending regular meetings to keep them informed of progress;
10. Day-to-day management of the site, including supervising and monitoring the site labour force and the work of any subcontractors;
11. Check Planning of the work and efficient organization of the plant and site facilities in order to meet agreed deadlines;
12. Overseeing quality control and health and safety matters on site;
13. Preparing reports as required;
14. Resolving any unexpected technical difficulties and other problems that may arise.
15. Site supervision / Agreement with Contractor, Client, and Design Disciplines
16. Material inspection as per approved material submittal
17. Work Follow up as per approved progress
18. Daily progress report monitoring
19. Gain approved HVAC Shop Drawings, MEP- Coordination Drawings, Work method statement and Project Specification from Contractors Project Engineer.
20. Ensure the HVAC Ducts, Fittings, accessories and Chilled water pipes, fittings, accessories are available and approved by Inspection department prior to installation
21. Coordinate with other discipline and ensure site clearance is available to start the HVAC Activities
22. Check for the sufficient manpower such as Supervisor, Foreman, Duct fitter, pipe fitter, Assistant duct, and pipe fitter etc.,
23. Prior to start HVAC activities notify to QC Personal for surveillance to ensure the quality work
24. To maintain safe all construction HVAC and Chilled water piping activities are carried out in accordance with the Company s safety policies and procedures; ensure that appropriate safety and protective equipment is used by Company & Contractor staff.
25. Closely monitor site activities to ensure quality of work follows approved shop drawing and Specification and get daily progress report from site supervisor (or) foreman and update to project Engineer (or) Manager
26. Preparing relevant documents to conduct inspection for completed installation activities
27. Carry out all planned site inspections as per the intervention points marked in the relevant drawing and standards
28. Preparing the relevant documents to Conduct Testing inspection such as Duct light testing for Ducts and Hydro test for Above ground and Underground chilled water piping s, systems.
29. Active involvement in weekly meetings with the Project management & QC Supervisors and manager to resolve the site related issues.
30. Assist the Commissioning Team in Pre-commissioning & Commissioning stages of all HVAC Equipment s.
31. Assist the Commissioning Team on Testing, Adjusting & Balancing (TAB) stages of the Air and Hydronic Piping s.
32. Assist the Project Engineer during Preparation of final Test Reports, as built drawings, Operation & Maintenance manual and handing over the project to client