Within Orange Business Services, Enterprise services BU engineering & offer development team is in charge of managing technical changes, platform upgrade & ENH deployments for My CIC production platform (hosted at ServiceNow clould), which is used for highly customized customers, large & complex deals to provide an innovative ITSM & CSM solutions.
Responsible for ensuring formalization and implementation of service level commitments in respect to the ITIL V3 recommendations.
Interface and communicate with, ServiceNow engineers, Test Managers, Scrum Master, Deployment Engineer, Dev manager, & IT Ops on a daily basis.
Equally, a Release Manager must be confident enough to manage up and provide reporting as well as meeting updates to the Senior IT Management like the CIO and CEO as well as Product & business management.
Own the Release Management lifecycle which includes scheduling, coordinating and the management of releases across the enterprise for My CIC platform across various portfolios. The releases can be inclusive of application updates, operating system patches, security improvements, hardware upgrades, Projects and Programs. Where necessary you ll provides tools and services to help product management and project teams manage and deploy releases into production.
Responsible for implementing and managing release processes for code through development, test, and production environments.
The Release Manager Job function works collaboratively with all participants in software development projects and is supportive of developers and testers as they set up their build dev/test environments.
Change & release management :
• Make sure CAB is scheduled, on a fixed time interval, with eCAB process when needed.
• Analyzing changes submitted for review
• Managing the Change Advisory Boards (Control / Decision), where change requests impacting MyCIC platform applications are presented.
• Organizing and coordinating post implementation reviews (PIR) after changes implementations when required. This mission includes improvements actions identification and follow-up.
• Contributing to the Technical Change Advisory boards.
• Managing the Change Management Key Performance Indicators.
• Defining and converging to standards
• Manage risks and resolves issues that affect release scope, schedule and quality
• Measure and monitor progress to ensure application releases are delivered on time and within budget, and that they meet or exceed expectations
• Coordinate release content and effort based on the service request backlog, pending service requests, third party applications, or operating system updates
• Work with Solution Development Managers on communication of all key project plans, commitments, and changes including requirements, QA plans, schedule, and scope changes
• Manage relationships and coordinate work between different teams at different locations
• Conduct Release Readiness reviews, Milestone Reviews, and Business Go/No-Go reviews
• Weekly Release Reporting
• Communicate release details and schedules to the Business as required
• Work with release engineers to understand impacts of branches and code merges
• Maintains the release schedule for all core services and ensure alignment across key partners and vendors.
• Continually work towards making improvements in the release process
• Lead and co-ordinate the Go-Live activities including the execution of the deployment Plans and checklists.
• work with development team to develops scripts and automation tools used to build, integrate, and deploy software releases to various platforms
Continual Service Improvement:
• Identify the vision that drives the improvement initiative alignment with business strategies
• Objective assessment of the current state baseline of business, people, process and technology
• baseline is verified snapshot of the environment at a particular time
• baseline is to be captured at regular intervals
• Identify an achievable target better in smaller steps
• Identify actions to meet the target process / technology improvement, staff training, etc.
• Measure the achievements review whether targets are met with measurements like maturity matrix
Industry Type :
IT - Software Services
Functional Area :
Desired Candidate Profile
• ServiceNow platform knowledge.
• ITIL change and release management
• ITIL CSI.
• Understanding Data Center Functioning
• Understanding of SDLC (Software Development Life Cycle).
• Networking Knowledge
• Understanding of Cloud Computing
• Understanding of VM Ware
• Understanding of different Operation System ( Windows Unix & Linux )
• Coordination, teamwork and networking capabilities
• Autonomy and leadership (management of priorities, risks, reporting)
• Analysis and synthesis ability
• Presentation skills
• Excellent service transition management experience
• Good knowledge of service readiness, operational acceptance, service introduction and service improvement
• Strong knowledge of ITIL framework - ITIL V3 Foundation
• Advanced understanding & knowledge of service delivery processes, structure and tools
• Proven experience of managing customer expectation
• Experience of working with senior Operations management level
• Highly organized with the ability to manage and priorities a varied and complex workload
• Ability to define deliverables and coordinate a multi-disciplinary team to work to them
• Ability to take ownership for issues and suggest, negotiate, agree and deliver appropriate solutions
• Ability to perform under pressure and to work using own initiative as well as part of a team
• Assertive in potentially difficult situations, engaging diplomacy where necessary
• Able to build relationships and network at all levels
• Creative problem solving and analysis skills with an ability to identify develop and implement solutions to gaps to meet the needs of the business
• 10 years of IT experience in multinational environment.
• French is a plus.