SOC Manager - Kuwait
Secureworks (SCWX-NASDAQ) is a global leader in intelligence-driven information security solutions. We help organizations confidently pursue business goals in a digitally-connected world. Consistently recognized by industry analysts and readers polls, we are one of the best in the world at understanding and anticipating threat behavior. We see 250 billion events every day across 4400 clients in more than 55 countries, and our solutions work across all the layers of a client s security environment, including 330 different vendor technologies. Join a talented, dedicated, and diverse team of researchers, analysts, engineers, consultants and business professionals who are focused 100% on protecting our clients from cyber threats. We seek out the brightest minds and empower our teams with the tools and support they need to fight the bad guys and maintain our company s leadership in the cyber security industry.
Uniquely positioned to adapt as the industry evolves, we are also proud to be part of the Dell Technologies family. We enjoy competitive compensation and benefits packages, and reward and recognize our employees for exceptional results. A constant focus on continued learning and growth keeps our team members engaged and excited about what s next. We offer flexible work options when available, and emphasize the importance of work-life balance. We know that when our people are rewarded, recognized, and rejuvenated, we win as a team.
Secureworks Large Enterprise Practice are currently looking for a SOC Manager with proven experience in being a managing in Security Operations Centres (SOC), with strong experience in managing people, enhancing SOC processes and managing the different SOC platforms. The candidate is required to manage the SOC of one of our client by working collaboratively with various teams, such as the client, internal and third party to support a seamless SOC operations for the client.
The SOC Manager will have customer-centric abilities with proven experience interacting with the customers and managing customer engagements. The focus of this role will be on leading the SOC operations of one of our clients in Kuwait.
• Coordinate with Company s Teams to implement SOC action plans/ remediation measures and periodically assess if these measures are implemented across client s IT infrastructure consistently
• Prepare Management Reports on status of implementation of the SOC IT action plans and remediation measures
• Perform strategic risk assessments for new IT solutions to be monitored, and advise with appropriate monitoring plans
• Lead the on boarding process of new IT log source to the On-Premise SOC
• Provide introduction and initial education for administrators from various IT departments to local SOC
• Periodically report on local SOC s compliance with ISO 27001 requirements
• Provide support and guidance during on boarding process to administrators from all departments
• Provide inputs to the Local SOC in the event of false positives based on confirmation from Company s IT teams
• Coordinate between SOC team and various departments regarding log delay issues
• Provide on-job training to client s Information Security resources
• Client Technical Leadership of Security Operations and MSS Deployment Programmes
• Support of hiring, development and retention of SOC resources
• Leverage and improve the operational processes, procedures, and tools
• Ensure that operational processes and policies are followed
• Facilitate escalations and communications across business units to ensure service excellence for the client
• 7 Years of experience in IT Security including Security operations with preference starting off as an analyst
• Experience managing a team of SOC analysts from L1-L3
• Experience of managing a team through various critical incidents
• Experience in identifying potential, successful, and unsuccessful intrusion attempts and compromises thorough log reviews and analysis of relevant event detail and summary information acquire from Local SOC
• Experience in IT Security Risk Assessment
• Knowledge on vulnerability assessment & exploitation techniques & tools including Nessus, AppScan, Acunetix, etc.
• Knowledge with packet inspection tools including WireShark, TCPdump, etc.
• Knowledge of security frameworks, standards and leading practices including but not limited to ISO 27001 and OWASP
• Excellent skills in preparing status reports on security matters
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Demonstrate strong consultative skills
• People Management skills and experience Strong security background, demonstrable project delivery skills and experience of delivering information security consultancy services in the areas of information security management, programs and operations.
• Certified within one or more of an industry recognised certification such as the following: CISSP, CISM, CISA, CEH, GCFA, ISO 27001 etc.
• The experience within their past career to bolster the above skills with a knowledge and broad experience of technical security controls such as firewalls, IDS/IPS, vulnerability management systems, log monitoring and retention solutions and SIEM