All interested applicants shall apply throughout the below link:
Facilitate project s implementation
• Projects activities are implemented as per the developed action plan
• Facilitate and encourage the participation of children, adolescent, parents and caregivers, notably the most vulnerable ones, ensuring proper attention to their specific emotional and physical needs / difficulties.
• Ensure the safety and wellbeing of children, adolescent, parents and caregivers participating in WVL s PSS activities.
• Ensure the adoption of minimum standard required (ex. Child Protection in Emergency) in the conduction of the activities.
• Provide information on services available to children and adolescent engaged in different form of labor, as well as children at high risk or survivors of violence, exploitation, neglect and abuse.
• Conduct Focused PSS activities based on knowledge and skills development with children engaged in different form of labour (including street children), as well as children at high risk or survivors of violence (at home, at school, at the community level and in the workplace), exploitation, neglect and abuse in order to identify and mitigate these risks.
• Consult children and parents about timing and duration of the activities and adapt the location and timing of sessions, content and approach of the focused PSS program to the needs and availability of the participants including children with special needs.
• Referring children to education: formal/non formal
• Support the PSS outreach facilitators in providing the CP sessions for caregivers of the children participating in the FPSS sessions
• Support in the pre and post tests with caregivers.
• Facilitate FPSS activites in line with global and national inter-agency SOPs/standards
• Ensure that children, caregivers and adolescents are registered in focused PSS activities without creating stigma and/or judgement
• Create a safe space where participants can voice their opinions, thoughts and emotions, share experiences and brainstorm on solutions in a confidential and respectful manner.
• Maintain positive relations with local implementing actors, local authorities and other international and local stakeholders;
Ensure children s safety and protection
Children attending the activities are protected and safe
Identify referral cases to case management agencies and service providers
Identify and referral of children in need of tailored support to specific institutions/service providers (health services, other NFE programme, PSS services)
Ensure that the provided material is properly used, kept and cleaned;ensure the storage and distribution of healthy refreshments.
Ensure that the caregivers of children engaged in child labour are referred to livelihood opportunities, whenever possible.
Ensure that all children and adolescents in focused PSS are referred to education services or livelihood opportunities for those above 15 years old.
Handle tracking, reporting on activities and filing
Progress reports are done and submitted as per the required deadline
Maintain daily attendance registers each activity conducted
Maintain and fill properly any distribution list or attendance lists for the activities conducted or the distribution done
Handle logistics responsibilities as necessary
Facilitate the rehabilitation of the determined locations (Painting, procurement of needed material, bathroom renovation, etc.)
Ensure with the social assistant the provision of meals/snacks during the FPSS activities.
Perform other duties as required
Attend and participate in capacity building trainings locally and internationally.
Attend and participate in WVL s spiritual nurture and other organizational events.
Responsible of own security and actively contribute to a positive security culture.
Abide by the security policies and procedures and report any incidents or breaches to line manager and / or security manager.
Perform other duties as assigned by the Line Manager.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• University degree in social work or psychology.
• 2-3 years experience in working with street children, children at risk or involved in child labour, children exposed to violence.
• Good knowledge of CP/GBV case management principles
• Fluency in Arabic is mandatory and conversation and written English is a must.
• Proficient in Word and Excel.
• Candidates must have skills in working with people of all ages and social groups;
• Strong interpersonal skills and a sense of responsibility
• High integrity in social interactions
• Preference to candidate with field experience in Bekaa region
• Excellent communication, reporting, and pro-active negotiation skills
• Skilled at working with local communities and authorities
• Understanding of policies concerning Child Protection
• Willing to travel within the region approximately 60% of time.
• Knowledge of the psychosocial guidelines and approaches related to emergency context (MHPSS IASC guidelines, PFA principles, etc.).
• Familiar with core principles of Children Rights, Participation, Do No Harm, Community and Family Support as well as Children in Emergencies minimum standards.
• 85% field work and 15% Office work.
• Position requires availability and willingness to work outside regular office hours occasionally.
• Position requires willingness and ability to continue to function during a crisis situation, including during a World Vision response to a manmade or natural disaster.