Position: Software Development Manager
Reporting to: Head of Strategy and Planning
Organisation: ICDL Arabia
Job Location: UAE (Dubai)
The Software Development Manager is responsible for overseeing the timely delivery of bespoke software solutions that fulfil the requirements of the company. The role encompasses delivering all aspects of software development, including requirements gathering, analysis and design, database architecture, ensuring test question design best meets learning outcomes, unit and integration testing, overseeing support for installations into production, and providing troubleshooting, support and maintenance for production environments. This role involves taking overall responsibility for all aspects of the systems lifecycle on various projects.
• Manage projects from original concept through final implementation, interface with all areas affected by the project.
• Manage the development team ensuring every team member has the necessary tasks assigned on a daily basis. Implement and maintain targets for all supervised team members.
• Plan and execute projects, ensure that teams have appropriate product and technical specifications and direction to deliver products effectively by establishing estimates for timelines and ensuring that projects remain on target to meet deadlines.
• Develop functional specifications for use by the software developers.
• Work closely with stakeholders to ensure the system's functional requirements is in alignment with the business needs.
• Use data and process modelling techniques to create clear system specifications for the design and development of system software.
• Act as a central reference and information source, providing guidance and assistance in the system project decision making process.
• Evolve the existing software system applications and architecture in various areas as needed.
• Conduct regular meetings with the team and stakeholders as required.
• Take responsibility to deploy functional solutions with maximum focus on efficiency and quality.
• Maintain accuracy, efficiency and robustness of the developed code through final testing of delivered systems/routines/programs.
• Maintain efficient, usable, well-constructed and clearly documented programme code.
• Maintain awareness of the progress and status of all work being undertaken in the team, meet all deadlines and provide weekly reports to line manager.
• Oversee resolution of support issues, passed on by the Technical Support Team for released applications
• Training of the Support Team to improve their understanding of the implemented product.
• Work in partnership with the QA Testing Manager in performing functionality, usability, regression and load testing of products.
• Maintain up to date knowledge of industry best practice in tools, language and systems in order to ensure that all development is in line with current trends and industry relevance.
Required Technical Skills and Experience:
• 7+ years experience in the software development industry
• Proven team leadership of software development team
• Computer Applications degree or equivalent.
• HTML & XML
• SQL Server database administration skills
• Knowledge of products and technologies of the e-learning software market.
• Strong experience with Microsoft Office 2010 and above.
• Project Management skills
• Excellent English Language skills.
• Communicates in clear and concise manner, written and verbal.
• Strong Design & Documentation skills
• Must be self-motivated with a strong work ethic and can work with limited supervision.
• Demonstrate dynamic problem solving skills.
• Must have good analytical skills.
• Cooperates, collaborates, and works toward common goal with others.
• Show a highly committed attitude.
To apply send your CV to email@example.com