Software Engineer II (iOS)
Careem is the leading technology platform for the greater Middle East. A pioneer of the region s ride-hailing economy, Careem is expanding services across its platform to include payments, delivery and mass transportation. Careem s mission is to simplify and improve the lives of people and build a lasting institution that inspires. Established in July 2012, Careem operates in more than 120 cities across 15 countries and has created more than one million job opportunities in the region.
ABOUT THE ROLE
You will get to work on Careem's first mass product offering, Careem BUS that aims to avail affordable transportation options to millions of customers across the region. Our iOS developers have a passion to push mobile technologies to the limits. As an iOS Developer, you work with our team of talented engineers to design and build the next generation mobile applications in a scalable manner.
• Design and build advanced, scalable applications for the iOS platform.
• Work with the product and design teams to understand end-user requirements and use cases
and translate them pragmatic and effective technical solutions.
• Integrate with our backend services (JSON, XML, etc.) to make sure we are delivering a great
mobile user experience that is super-fast for end users.
• Own end-to-end product modules/features from requirement to going live.
• Design and review code, troubleshoot and act as a consultant to team members on technical
• Gather requirements by interacting directly with the end users and advocate delightful user
• Continuously discover, evaluate, and implement new technologies to maximize development
• Unit-test code for robustness, including edge cases, usability, and general reliability.
• Use core animation to create engaging motion effects and intuitive interfaces.
• 7 years of iOS application development, with extensive use of Swift, I/O, collections, algorithms and well-known application frameworks.
• Strong understanding of interactive application development paradigm under iOS, memory management, file I/O, network programming, concurrency and multithreading.
• Experience in iOS-specific application development and publishing iOS apps in the appstore.
• Good understanding of design patterns.
• Good understanding of the full mobile development life cycle. Working knowledge of the
general mobile landscape, architectures, trends, and emerging technologies.
• Experience in working with third-party libraries and APIs.
• Strong and innovative approach to problem solving and finding solutions. Flexible and
proactive/self-motivated working style with strong personal ownership of problem resolution.
• Excellent communicator (written and verbal, formal and informal).
• Ability to multi-task under pressure and work independently with minimal supervision.
• Competitive salary
• Unlimited paid annual leave
• Entrepreneurial working environment
• Flexible working arrangements
• Mentorship and career growth