Tenderd is a marketplace for contractors in the UAE to rent construction equipment. Essentially an ber for Heavy Machinery!We are a startup run by a small tight-knit team, tackling a large and exciting problem. Our goal is to be the leading global platform for Contractors to rent and manage their Heavy Machinery. We are committed to revolutionizing the construction industry by unlocking perfect marketplace efficiencies through groundbreaking technology.We are the first company in the GCC to accepted into the prestigious Y-combinator accelerator in Silicon Valley.
What you will be doing:
We're looking for a Software Engineer who will play a key role in building and maintaining our online rental platform. Here are some examples of situations, you will be building products for.
• Help Suppliers list their Machines on the marketplace as seamlessly as possible.
• Make it easy for our internal team to quickly process rental inquiries and respond to clients.
• Help companies run efficient projects by monitoring their asset utilization rates from telematics data.
• Write algorithms to decrease fuel costs by optimizing rental and work schedule.
• Analyze marketplace liquidity using telematics data, to optimize rental rates.
• Design and develop workflows, database schema, applications, and software to be used internally and to our customers
• Restructuring and maintaining codebases for the website and other applications used by the company.
Skills you need to have:
• Disciplined self-starter: capable of working independently but in close collaboration within an agile development team.
• Solution Design: Ability to define and describe an architecture of a system and understand the cause and effect of their coding
• Development from specs: Ability to find requirements and break them down into an actionable execution plan for the team and proactively identify problems.
• Collaborative communication skills (written and oral) - Ability to convert technical concepts into Non-technical language
• Backend Development: Highly Experienced in backend development using Firestore, NodeJS, MongoDB, Ruby on Rails framework, PHP, or Python, and relational/NoSQL databases, writing and optimizing queries (Postgres, MySQL, etc.)
• Frontend Development: Highly experienced in React, Angular or any other front-end development frameworks, but also having enough experience to kickstart a project from scratch
• Strong knowledge of mobile platforms and frameworks or experience building applications using technologies like React Native or Flutter
• Processing components: Design intuitive and performant APIs, highly experienced in building APIs, interfaces, messaging components, import/export framework
Also good to have (Bonus Points!)
• Experience working with Online Marketplaces
• Online portfolio of something that you have stitched together yourself
• Examples of applications or website that you are proud of
• Experience working with startups
• Experience working with hardware and embedded programming (Raspberry Pi, Arduino, ARM or MSP430)
• Experience working with Machine Learning
• Experience working with CRM systems like Salesforce is a plus
Who are we looking for
We're looking for someone who we can enjoy working with, and someone who shares our ambitions to grow Tenderd into a global marketplace helping millions of firms manage their assets. We appreciate someone who takes great enthusiasm in building, breaking and fixing things quickly to reach the optimal solutions through action and experimentation. We're a startup, and everyone wears many hats. Most of us have areas that we have ownership of, but as a team we're very flexible. Communication is especially important for us. You need to detach your ego from your ideas.
You value automated testing, and you understand that it's important to be able to make changes without fear of uncaught regressions. You should have several years of development experience, and be comfortable working with a team that moves very quickly.
What can we offer
• Flexible schedule: You can make your own schedule
• Ownership in the Company via shares
• Competitive Salary
• The chance to work with an amazing team
• A People-first culture because we only succeed if you re happy